Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Opinions please

Does anyone think its a faux pas to have silk flower arragements for the receptions center pieces. It would free up a ton in the flower budget but I've never been to a wedding where theres silk flowers...just thought i'd ask.
Thanks.

Re: Opinions please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see any problem with it.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011

I know a lot of people don't mind them.  However, I personally don't like silk flowers for weddings so I just went with mostly non-floral centerpieces.  Saved lots on the budget!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alysonmanleyalysonmanley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we have flowers in the reception they will be silk. The only realy ones will be my bouquet and the guys flowers.
  • Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its not tacky at all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's not tacky.

I advise to choose realistic colors.  I'm not a big fan of very obviously fake colors.  A bigger plus is if they're in Eiffel Tower vases.  Fewer people will go up and touch them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs and don't think it's tacky at all! Much more heard of now because people are trying to save money. I think it should be fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Starstruck8Starstruck8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you compared the prices? There are many flowers that are less expensive than others if you go with real ones. I personally don't like Silk flowers. What florists have you looked at? Kroger is very reasonable, you can have them do all your bridal bqts, boutonniares and if you wanted DIY your arrangements. I'm not sure where you live but Erica at the Newport store is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards