Massachusetts

Can anyone recommend a good hair stylist in the Springfield area?

I am open to going to a salon to have my hair done or having a stylist come to the hotel to do my hair.  Thanks!!

Re: Can anyone recommend a good hair stylist in the Springfield area?

• ktharrington8ktharrington8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been going to this girl Claire for about 8 or 9 years now at Salon Karma on north main street in east longmeadow. Right by the friendlys and kelly fradet lumber yard. Shes young and really nice and is up to date on all the latest styles/hair needs. I would defiently recommend going to her or this other girl that works there named Jess. I've had Claire do my hair for jr/sr proms and weddings that I have attended. My sister and I both had hair/makeup done by Claire and Jess for my sisters wedding 2 years ago and it was beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about anyone going to your hotel. I'm going to Ochoa in East Longmeadow, it's right on the Springfiield line. I see Meg C. for my hair, she does a great job. Also, if your girls are getting their hair done, you can all go at the same time because they have a ton of stylists.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the recommendations!! Do you have any pics of the hirstyles claire did for your sisters wedding?
  • ktharrington8ktharrington8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll look and see if I have any good pics from my sisters wedding, but it was only her and I she didn't have any bridesmaids. But shes super creative and you can bring her in pics or any ideas you have and she does a really good job recreating anything you want. It's a big salon and they also have a couple girls there that concentrate on your skin and prep for the big day. Also a few nail techs as well. Like I said I've gone to her for my jr sr proms and she always did awesome hair dos and that was like 10 years ago and I'm still going to her. And I've gone to her for regular updos or to just style my hair for weddings I've been to and what not. 
  • mstalkalot55mstalkalot55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to Salon Karma too, And had my hair done by Jess for my wedding, It came out great! She is so creative and I love her own style so that is a plus. She is very good at what she does and wont give upuntil your happy. Claire is good too, and she did my sister and Niece on my wedding day as well. But she was about 45mins late (we were her first appts) and My neices hair came out great, but my sisters hair looked rushed, probably due to her being late. I would definatly suggest Jess though, I have been going to her for about 10yrs and Always leave happy.
  • CarolynEllCarolynEll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations, ladies! I was looking for a salon in Springfield and ended up booking Salon Karma, even though I've never been. :)

My normal hair stylist is in Northampton and I was dismayed to discover that she doesn't do bridal hair b/c it makes her too nervous. I was worried I wouldn't find a salon in time with only 4 months to go... I'm very relieved!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards