Massachusetts

Affordable Weddings in New England

I am starting to plan my wedding and am having trouble finding affordable venues in the MA, CT, RI area for around 120 people. Our budget is probably around $15,000 for the ceremony and reception total. I really want somewhere that is not your traditional reception hall (i like the outdoor tented look) but am not having much luck so far. I would love any suggestions!! Thank you!

Re: Affordable Weddings in New England

• That is a several hour span, what city are you actually trying to center around? 
  • edited March 2012
    I'm getting married at Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield, MA... we are having 150 people, for under your budget.  We are getting married in their barn, which is beautiful!  It's definitely not your average hotel ball room.  Their food is supposedly amazing (we have not had it yet), and they have the only known roasting jack in the US which they use to cook their meat over an open hearth.  There's a lot of history and it's a unique spot.

There's also Publick House which is in Sturbridge, MA which offers an outdoor tent and is also beautiful.  That's within your budget as well.

I'd recommend checking both out!

Good luck!
  • I had my wedding at the Publick House.  We had 100 people and in total spent about $15,000.  You can stay well under your budget.  We sort of went all out and did open bar, had more hors d'eourves, had both soup and salad courses.  Just be smart with your selections and you should be able to stay within your budget.  You can look into "off month" wedding discounts and that will save you some money.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • jerseychic24jerseychic24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We are having our wedding at the bourndale function facility...its an unique venue capefunctions.com
    THey even have the ability to have you be able to stay over...Darin has been great to work with as well.
  • I'm getting married at the Publick House in Sturbridge, outdoor ceremony at the gazebo, cocktail hour on the patio, and reception in the tent. They have a 125 minimum on Saturdays this year. I'm spending $13,000, not including open bar. Friday nights could be cheaper and have a lower minimum if you're willing to do that option. They also have an indoor reception area (you can still have a ceremony outside at a gazebo) that is barn like with open beams.
    I heard that Zukas Hilltop Barn is also around the same price range, maybe a little more, but they also do tent weddings.
    I'm from CT and I feel that many of their vendors are more expensive than MA or RI. Jonathon Edwards Winery in Stongington, CT does tent weddings, but you have to pay about a $4000 fee (might be more, idk) and bring in your own caterer. Personally, I think it's easier to have one place do everythiing.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • TFPTFP member
    First Comment
    We're way under 15K for a few less people and getting married at Old Sturbridge Village. Doing a garden cermony with the reception at the larger tavern. It's a beautiful spot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards