Massachusetts
Options

wedding venue?

I'm looking for a venue to rent for a themed wedding, it's got to have a well maintained outdoor area as well as an indoor area.(preferably a barn or an old house) I'm just looking to rent the VENUE ONLY I wish to be able to choose my own cater as well as decorate the venue the way I want. It also needs to have enough space for about 120 people and must have an indoor bar.

Is there anyone out there that knows of a place like this? 

Thanks!

Re: wedding venue?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Quonquont Farm in Hatfield, MA? It's an old dairy barn that's been recently renovated for this type of thing. Also, the Garden House at Look Park in Northampton lets you bring in your own caterer/decorations and they have a permanent bar inside. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Red Barn at Hampshire College in Amherst,MA is really nice, My fiance & I loved it but it's not in our budgt, but maybe it is in yours.

Good luck :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Elm Court, in Lenox MA would be a great option. My finace and I had been planning to have our wedding there this coming November and unfortunately, sadly had to cancel. Our cancellation had absolutely nothing to do with the venue however, it was a dream location - stunning veiws, a historic Vanderbilt estate, and the nicest proprieters you could imagine. 
    I am putting out some feelers because, in addition to cancelling our wedding, I felt really bad about leaving them in the lunch and if i can help them book another party, will be able to recieve part of my deposit back. Please do not misunderstand me though, this place is one of a kind, romantic and I would have been so thrilled to get married here. They have a really nice outdoor area for the ceremony, a pretty conservatory for cocktails that overlooks the mountains and a lake, and all your guests could stay onsite. There is plenty of room for 120 guests to eat and dance very comfortably and you would be able to bring in your own vendors.

We had chosen November 3, 2012 because the foliage will be at its prime, and its before daylight savings time so we'd have a nice sunset.  If you are interested, please get in touch with me and I would be happy to put you in touch with Elm Court. 
    Best, Jenna
  • Options
    We booked the Barney Carriage house in Forest Park Springfield MA., We are having a wedding of about 200 people, theres an indoor bar, you can use your own caterer and if you get married at the carriage house you can get married at their gazebo or anywhere in the park for free :) They have a brand new beautiful outdoor tent with chandaliers and a fabric ceiling! For inclement weather you can use the banquet room inside the house. Also, upstairs there is a brides and grooms side of the house and you get the venue 3 hours before the event, which I love so we can get ready there! Oh and only one event a day which to me, was huge! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards