Massachusetts

Help! Publick House Wedding

We are getting married at the Publick House Garden tent in Sturbridge, MA on 9/28/2013. We live in Alaska so we have actually never even got to see the venue. Due to limited dates we had to put down our deposit site unseen. Has anyone gotten married here or visited? Any advice? We are also looking for a DJ, Photographer, florist, makeup, etc. We will be making one trip to Mass over Christmas but will not be back in Mass until a few days before the wedding so any advice really helps out a lot! Thank you!! 

Re: Help! Publick House Wedding

• It's a beautiful venue, my future inlaws just went to a wedding there and i saw the photos. I wish i had a small enough group to go there.

There's a company out of springfield if i'm not mistaken that has a huge list of bands dj's etc that they can set up meetings for you with them. I'll get the name of them from my mother again.

You should also ask the place about a preferred vendors list, that list will give you an idea of who they have worked with in the past that has worked well for them.
  • <div>I am getting married close by in West Brookfield. I can let you know what vendors I use if you are interested. That might be somewhat helpful. Good Luck!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_help-publick-house-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:619Discussion:f24c699b-a315-4592-b16c-5a54532879d2Post:5b64c9c0-08a4-4ccf-9a67-6e335e384f7f">Help! Publick House Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at the Publick House Garden tent in Sturbridge, MA on 9/28/2013. We live in Alaska so we have actually never even got to see the venue. Due to limited dates we had to put down our deposit site unseen. Has anyone gotten married here or visited? Any advice? We are also looking for a DJ, Photographer, florist, makeup, etc. We will be making one trip to Mass over Christmas but will not be back in Mass until a few days before the wedding so any advice really helps out a lot! Thank you!! 
    Posted by Giblin714[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_help-publick-house-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:619Discussion:f24c699b-a315-4592-b16c-5a54532879d2Post:5b64c9c0-08a4-4ccf-9a67-6e335e384f7f">Help! Publick House Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at the Publick House Garden tent in Sturbridge, MA on 9/28/2013. We live in Alaska so we have actually never even got to see the venue. Due to limited dates we had to put down our deposit site unseen. Has anyone gotten married here or visited? Any advice? We are also looking for a DJ, Photographer, florist, makeup, etc. We will be making one trip to Mass over Christmas but will not be back in Mass until a few days before the wedding so any advice really helps out a lot! Thank you!! 

<div>Replied to your Boston post.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_help-publick-house-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:619Discussion:f24c699b-a315-4592-b16c-5a54532879d2Post:969b4b0c-78ef-491c-b689-9e5e254e0663">Re: Help! Publick House Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married close by in West Brookfield. I can let you know what vendors I use if you are interested. That might be somewhat helpful. Good Luck! In Response to Help! Publick House Wedding :
    Posted by Kpp123[/QUOTE]

Kpp - do you happened to be getting married at the Salem Cross Inn?
  • I'm getting married close by in West Brookfield in June. I went to a wedding at the publick house this past summer, its very beautiful! I am using Zach Daupinais for a DJ, he is based out of CT but does MA weddings as well. He was also the DJ at the wedding I went to this summer at Publick House and did a great job. For photography I'm using O'Brien Photo out of Springfield, its a husband/wife duo and they have been great so far. I am using Beauty in Motion out of Sturbridge for hair/makeup, they travel to you. I haven't had my trial yet but their prices are great and they are great to communicate with so far. Good luck!!
  • I am actually getting married here march 2014 and they have been great ! I went there for thanksgiving dinner a few days before hand and the food was awesome. I read a ton of reviews and felt that this was it. It has such an amazing feel to the place. I've seen tons of photos and actually saw a wedding set up the day I went for my tour - they did an amazing job! I am still getting a list of dj's and everything else. I still have 14 months though so its just a work in process. I'm sure your going to love it :-)
  • I haven't actually been to Publick House, but have heard good things from some people here on the Knot (it's been recommended to people looking for venues in the Sturbridge area).  Definitely check out West on Jade Photography - I love her work, and her prices are competetive. 

I'd also like to recommend that once you have specific vendors in mind you shoot out a post on the forum here.  People who have experience working with them are usually pretty open about sharing their thoughts and recommendations!

Good luck!
  • I was married there this past July.  It was beautiful and my guests raved about the tent, the grounds, and the food!  As for vendors, I'm from CT so I used Ct vendors but they were amazing.

Check out Scott Perham Photography out of canton, CT, I was picky about photography and we couldn't have been happier with our choice, and MassConnFusion for a band. They go to Mass and CT.  They had the dance floor packed all night! 

Good luck, I think will be very happy with your decision to have your wedding at the Publick House.  I can't say enough good things about it!
  • They have a list of all that stuff and they're great! I'm getting married there in 37 days. I did the innkeepers upgrade, which gives you the DJ, reception flowers, and wine with dinner etc. I'm using the traveling makeup artist on their recommended vendors list. Use Michele Bernard for flowers and I promise you won't regret it! Message me with any specific questions if you want. I'll be happy to share about my experiences and even pictures of the grounds once we have pictures back. I'm getting married in Paige Hall but plan on doing pictures outside.
  • Check out JMKPortraits in West Boylston MA!!!

Shes fun and super affordable and seems to shoot at the publick house quite a bit- only $700 for upto 6H and only 50/hour after that!

Here is her site

<a href="http://www.jmkportraits.com" rel="nofollow">www.jmkportraits.com</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_help-publick-house-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:619Discussion:f24c699b-a315-4592-b16c-5a54532879d2Post:5b64c9c0-08a4-4ccf-9a67-6e335e384f7f">Help! Publick House Wedding</a>:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards