Massachusetts

GREGGORY'S BAKERY (RANT)

Has anybody worked with them? My mother booked them and they have the worst customer service EVER. They can NEVER see me when I'm in town, and always yell at me for being so presumptuous to think they actually have time on the weekend to see customers. They are RUDE, not helpful, and not even a little bit customer-service oriented. When my mother went for the tasting and to pay the deposit, she let them know I was planning a wedding from Virginia and would have to go in on the weekends. I have tried twice, each time calling at least a week in advanced. 

I'm starting to get extremely worried that my cake will in fact be gluten free (I have celiac's disease) or look halfway decent. Help!
160 image 99 image 13 image 48 image
RSVP Date: June 18th

Re: GREGGORY'S BAKERY (RANT)

• edited December 2011
    My grandmother ALWAYS buys cakes from there, and they are delish! I don 't think he's the most customer service focused guy. I've never looked at his wedding cakes, but FI and I are going to put a deposit on him. He told my grandmother that for tastings he sends the couple home with different cakes to try. 
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A&EToBeA&EToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Greggory's indeed has terrible customer service... my family calls him "The Cake Nazi"!  But he's still on the top of my list to do the cake for my wedding.  His cakes are stunning and delicious!  He's a pain in the butt to work with, but worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    256image Invited to come play!
    144image Will join us in the sandbox
    112image Took their toys and went home
    0image Are still asking their mommies
  • Shoefly21Shoefly21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    kblynne - Those shoes in your siggy pic are my wedding shoes! are you wearing them for your wedding too? they are sooo fabulous!
    Our beautiful engagement pictures imageMy Bio... returning from hiatus
  • edited December 2011
    UGH...I just went there with my best-friend for her cake tasting and it was a nightmare! Basically the cake samples were thrust into our hands and we were pushed out the store. She got raspberry instead of strawberry filling (poor girl can't stand raspberries), the red velvet cake was simply vanilla cak with red dye, and the smaples simply did not live up to the hype.

Have you alredy deposited? There is a bakery in Southwick called Pasticceria Italia and the cakes are to DIE for and Carmen, the wedding guru, is an absolute doll to work with. I am planning on getting my wedding cake there but I am in there once a week to pick up tasty treats to bring home. The cakes are beautiful, reasonably prices ($2.50/slice), and divine.

Good luck hon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's too bad kelmal. I haven't spoken with him about it, but he told my grandmother he prefers to send everyone home with the samples so they don't feel pressured to critique the cake infront of him.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all the input guys! we met with them (have your fis call -- he is MUCH better with guys). they are all miserable, but do phenomenal work. my mom put a deposit down forever ago, so that is done, and they are the only ones who'll do gluten free cake, and i have celiac's disease. 

even my vendors said he is miserable, but makes delish cakes. my florist REFUSES to work with him to put the flowers on the cake because he is so difficult to work with. my florist will just come to do the cake flowers after the cake is delivered. haha

luckily, i just need to drop off the ribbon and directions and that is that. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_greggorys-bakery-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:619Discussion:fb463f8a-c6ec-4399-bcf0-ae6583a7290dPost:e28eb158-13bf-42bd-ba4b-c497f7dcc180">Re: GREGGORY'S BAKERY (RANT)</a>:
    [QUOTE]kblynne - Those shoes in your siggy pic are my wedding shoes! are you wearing them for your wedding too? they are sooo fabulous!
    Posted by Shoefly21[/QUOTE]

<div>they are! that's so fun. don't you love them?!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    We are having him do our cake and we had to book in January for our wedding in October and even then they were only taking about 2 more cakes for my weekend. My florist says he's difficult to work with, he won't allow her to put the flowers on the cake.

Also, we went in to pay off the cake and we were told it was too soon. We just want to pay off what we can so that's less to worry about but they didn't want our money yet.

I didn't care for the red velvet cake either and we were excited to try that one and it was a flop. We have strawberry and chocolate layers.

I liked taking the samples home so more then just us could try them but I didn't like being limited to only those ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 137 Were graced with the honor!
    image 64 Are ready to party!
    image 9 I do not have to feed!
    image 64 Are waiting till the last minute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards