Massachusetts
Options

Pizza/Pasta in Sturbridge

Hi ladies! I'm trying to find a rehearsal dinner spot in the Sturbridge area for 30-40 people.  We would like to do a pizza/pasta buffet and I'm having trouble finding any restaurants that offer this or have the space.  Publick House & OSV offer buffets but they are on the pricier side and both venues are a similar feel to my venue so I'd like to stay away from that.  I contacted Rovezzi's and Avellino and they only offer plated dinners and are more than we wanted to spend.

Zorba's in Charlton does offer pasta/pizza buffets at a good price but I have heard some negative reviews about their food.  Has anyone been?

TIA!!

Re: Pizza/Pasta in Sturbridge

• Options
    I've never been to Zorba's but are you set on having your rehearsal in Sturbridge?  There's Theresa's Restaurant in Ware that my family and I have gone to for ages and like their food.  I've heard the Tavern in the center of West Brookfield has good pizza too and I know they do functions (I have no idea what anything is like sine I've never been). There's also a place in Worcester that has decent pasta (Dino's) - I can't remember if they have pizza too.  I can't think of any other places to contact in Sturbridge that do pizza/pasta but if I do I'll let you know! Good luck - let us know what you pick (I'm also doing my rehearsal in Sturbridge but we haven't picked where yet)!
  • Options
    Hi Sara, I looked up Teresa's.  They have the banquet menu posted on their site and it's all plated dinners, but they do have a catering menu with trays of pasta.  I will call them and see if they offer the catering menu for events at the restaurant too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Our wedding is at Salem Cross and we are staying in Sturbridge, so anywhere between the two locations is good. I will look into the Tavern as well, thanks!
  • Options
    Did you ask the coordinators at the Salem Cross Inn for any suggestions?

We are just doing ours right at the Inn for convenience but I'm sure they can make some suggestions. Other than the Salem Cross Inn I'm not really familiar with the area so I can't be much help. Sorry :(
  • Options
    Hi Tanya, I'll keep thinking! I grew up in the area and my parents are still there so I will ask around.  What day of the week is your rehearsal?
  • Options
    Hi Sara, our rehearsal will be on a Friday nt. Thanks!

SJM, when we went in for our tasting I met Nancy and she was very pushy with having the rehearsal dinner there so I didn't think to ask them of other recommendations.  I talked to the girl I'm dealing with at the hotel today and she recommended Zorba's so I am gonna have to go there and try the food since I've heard conflicting reviews!
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you know...we were looking for our rehearsal place and  came across a newer restaurant Veritas has pasta and pizza buffet. It got good reviews on Tripadvisor.
  • Options
    Thank you Sara, I will check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards