April 2014 Weddings

Bridemaids and Jr. Bridemaid Dresses.............

I need some advice....We are getting married in April of 2014, our wedding colors are red and black, it is a small outdoor ceremony with 1 maitron of honor, 1 bridesmaid, and 1 junior bridesmaid (will be 10 when we get married). I want the maitron of honor and bridesmaid to wear black dress but I have been told the jr. bridesmaid should not wear black. She is too old to be a flower girl. Any recommendations on what color the Jr. Bridesmaid shoud wear?? I love red roses and black dresses even though the wedding is in April. I have thought about changing the colors for the wedding and dresses but just dont want to. So I ask again....any recommendations on what color the JR. BRIDESMAID SHOULD WEAR??

Re: Bridemaids and Jr. Bridemaid Dresses.............

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_bridemaids-and-jr-bridemaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:17852a27-0da8-42d4-b6a4-4dc561a3f0afPost:0a905311-0958-4734-9664-0fe9020dbd06">Bridemaids and Jr. Bridemaid Dresses.............</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need some advice....We are getting married in April of 2014, our wedding colors are red and black, it is a small outdoor ceremony with 1 maitron of honor, 1 bridesmaid, and 1 junior bridesmaid (will be 10 when we get married). I want the maitron of honor and bridesmaid to wear black dress but I have been told the jr. bridesmaid should not wear black. She is too old to be a flower girl. Any recommendations on what color the Jr. Bridesmaid shoud wear?? I love red roses and black dresses even though the wedding is in April. I have thought about changing the colors for the wedding and dresses but just dont want to. So I ask again....any recommendations on what color the JR. BRIDESMAID SHOULD WEAR??
    Posted by crapsebaby[/QUOTE]

I've never heard that the junior bridesmaid shouldn't wear black?  I wouldn't side eye a black dress as long as the 10 year old wasn't showing off a ton of cleavage or leg or something.  And I assume you'd pick an age appropriate dress, so that shouldn't be an issue. 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I have never heard that either? As long as it doesn't show a bunch of skin like a lot of black dresses do, I don't see the problem.
  • I think that your Jr. bridesmaid should wear a black dress like the other BMs. If possible the same black dress would be good but I agree with PPs that it should be age appropriate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_bridemaids-and-jr-bridemaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:17852a27-0da8-42d4-b6a4-4dc561a3f0afPost:2d18de50-022e-46df-9e5b-a882a25c919f">Re: Bridemaids and Jr. Bridemaid Dresses.............</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've actually seen JBs in black dresses and they looked adorable. It's been said before, but as long as the dress is appropriate for her age, it should be fine. They're YOUR wedding colors! I think that folks are confusing "little" black dresses with "little black dresses." :)
    Posted by fembrist[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your post!! My junior bridesmaid will be 10yrs. old when we get married. I think that is just a lil too old for a flower girl. The junior bridesmaid dress you saw, was it similiar to the bridesmaids dresses? My maitron of honor and bridesmaid are going to wear a strapless black dress and I found a cute junior bridesmaid dress for her to wear. Of course th maitron of honor and bridesmaid dresses show more than the junior bridesmaid dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards