April 2014 Weddings
Options

Photographer prices

I have started pricing photographers. Booooooooooooooo!  They are all so expensive.  I am still searching but its just sucky that it costs so much to get great pics. 
Just a quick vent, lol.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: Photographer prices

• Options
    Yea, our basic package without a photo album was over $2G but we are also getting up to 12 hours of coverage.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our package is $4990, but I love this photographer so it's worth it for me. It was our one big splurge other than the reception.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Our photographer is amazing. She is costing us 1250 for up to 10 hrs coverage. We also get a second photographer so one can be with me at all times and one can be wit him. We get our engagement pictures anywhere we want with a photo album of them all. She is also making us a painting for our guest book and for our actual wedding we get 2 photo albums and the right to all of our pictures at no extra charge. Trust me it took me forever to find her. But well worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     we will be at our venue several days early, and we are going to try to set up family portraits the day before the wedding. Most of the Photographers I have checked out have a pre wedding 'engagement' session... since the family will all be there we might as well get portriats of the kids instead ..I am sooo cheap! LOL
  • Options
    Our photographer cost just under $1600 with unlimited coverage, up to 400 hard copy shots, a basic wedding album and the rights to all our photos =)  Only bad thing is that the additional photo albums are crazy expensive!
  • Options

Update:  I went to like 5 different photographers and finally settled on one today.  I am going with Davids bridal photography.  I have seen their work and a friend of mine is using it for her wedding. Her wedding is in 6 months and she said they have been great to work with so far.   I am getting 8 hours coverage, the rights to all pics, my album, 2 parent albums, a bunch a prints, as many locations as I want and back photographer and equiptment.  I also booked them for video. I am getting 6 hours of video coverage, mics for the ceremony and an edited dvd.  I am paying $3800 for both tax and all.  I am really happy with it

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    I just booked our Photographer. 2000 for 10 hrs of coverage, all rights to the photos on a disc, 200 print credit and an engagement session which also includes a disc with all the photos. I'm excited!!
  • Options
    Is anyone getting married in Rhode Island? Our wedding is April 4, 2014 and I'm trying to find a great photographer who doesn't charge over $3K. So far we've looked at Melissa Stimpson, Memories RI, and M. Studios.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_photographer-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:4201f468-ebc5-42fd-97f8-c3db22c1f2aePost:92e6ccb2-9dec-40d1-a60d-fc0fdf32c417">Re: Photographer prices</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone getting married in Rhode Island? Our wedding is April 4, 2014 and I'm trying to find a great photographer who doesn't charge over $3K. So far we've looked at Melissa Stimpson, Memories RI, and M. Studios.
    Posted by Satta1118[/QUOTE]

<div>You would probably have better luck posting this on your local RI board. You can find the link to the left under "Local Wedding Boards".</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Do you mind stating who you're using? thanks!

In Response to Re:Photographer prices:[QUOTE]Our photographer is amazing. She is costing us 1250 for up to 10 hrs coverage. We also get a second photographer so one can be with me at all times and one can be wit him. We get our engagement pictures anywhere we want with a photo album of them all. She is also making us a painting for our guest book and for our actual wedding we get 2 photo albums and the right to all of our pictures at no extra charge. Trust me it took me forever to find her. But well worth it. Posted by jessi3617[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards