April 2014 Weddings
Options

Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!

Hey girls, I know our weddings seem so far away, but I thought it would be fun to start to get to know each other! It will be fun to get ideas and see what everyone is planning! I'm Courtney, I am 23 and from MA. My fiance Josh and I are High Schol sweethearts and have been together for 8 years! He proposed to me on Christmas and I could not be more excited! We have already started planning, we are getting married April 26, 2014!! I have already booked the venue and the church, and bought my dress! I'm so excited and can't wait to do more planning. Looking forward to hearing from other April 2014 Brides!!!
                                                          Courtney

Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!

• Options
    Hi!

I'm Kristen, 27, from Ontario, Canada. I'm also getting married on April 26, 2014! We got engaged at the Grand Canyon over the Christmas holidays; it was totally unexpected.

FI and I have booked the church and we are going this saturday to look at our first venue :) That's about as far as we've gotten with planning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Hey ladies. Congrats to you all. My name is Brit. My fiancé Quin and I will be getting married April 4, 2014 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We have a 4 year old son together and have been together for almost 6 years. I will be DIY'ing most of our wedding to keep a smaller budget. And hopefully if I get the venue I LOVE we will be having the ceremony and reception in the same venue. The day seems so far away yet so close. And I will be planning from a distance as I live in Connecticut. His family is from Tennessee.
  • Options
    Hey ladies! My name is Christina and my FI is Joe! We are newly engaged!!! April 11 to be exact, he proposed at Lake George on a mini vacation! I am 28 and he is 34 (we seem to be the old ones so far for this month). I have already reserved my church and I am hoping to book our venue this weekend *fingers crossed* they have the date we want ~ April 11 2014!!! I know it is 2 yrs away but the place has dates book for April 2015, which makes me so sick to think the 11th might be taken.

I will be DIYing a decent amount of things so I can have what I want!

I am so excited to get planning!

Anyone doing a theme wedding?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi My name is jasmine and my Fiance is Brendan. Newly engaged and we're planning for april 4 in Salem Mass. Im planning from a distance because we live in florida, but im so excited even now! I was worried we wouldn't get our date because apparently a lot of people book two years ahead! but we managed somehow! We're doing a themed wedding based off the four elements!
  • Options
    My name in Mary and my FI is Will.  We have been together for almost 3 years and have been engaged for almost a year.  We just started planning and want a 4-4-14 wedding, but we are going to be flexible with the date if the venue doesn't have availability for that night.  Call us crazy but we are both wrestling fans and he actually wrestles so we are going to include some wrestling elements in the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Def not crazy to do wrestling it's something for the both of you. Would love to see how you incorporate it! Same with the 4 elements! We are doing vintage feel with a love song theme :
  • Options
    We were thinking of the tables being named after famous wrestlers instead of table numbers, and for our guest book we are going to have an actual championship-like belt made for our guests to sign.  The bridal party is going to come out to entrance music, and us too.  And we might hire the WWE hall of fame ring announcer to announce us and the bridal party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds awesome!!!! Love the belt as a guest book!!!!!
  • Options
    Since my favorite element is water and his is fire, my dress is going to have blue accents and his vest and tie will be red. The bridesmaids are going to wear gree for "mother earth" and the grooms men yellow vests for "father sky." We were thinking for centerpieces have floating candles with rocks at the bottom of the water vessels and pinwheels at the top to represent all four elements~
  • Options
    Hiya! I'm Lorrie and my future fiance's name is Zach. We're what I like to call pre-engaged, he's saving up for a ring and I'm planning. :) Our wedding date is April 28th, 2014, which will be our third anniversary as a couple. We haven't been together as long as some people, but you know when it's right, right? We're both love sci-fi so we wanted to incorporate a lot of those details; I'm wearing TARDIS-blue shoes in honor of Doctor Who, and he's gonna wear Han Solo cufflinks!
    Visit The Knot! Buying A Home
  • Options
    I love the SCI-FI theme.  I also love the idea of non-traditional bridal shoes.  I'm going to wear shoes that match our color scheme most likely, but we are torn between three different color schemes right now LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My name is Kristen and my FI is Aaron, we've been together for 4 1/2 years (our anniversary is Christmas day). We are also "pre-engaged", we have an heirloom ring he is going to be purchasing new stones for. He and I are both huge Star Wars fans so I've been thinking of incorporating a few elements like a Millenium Falcon shaped grooms cake. Also, since I'm a huge Mother Earth kind of gal, I've been thinking of forgoing fresh cut flowers for potted plants and paper flowers.
  • Options
    I like the idea of using potted plants and paper flowers! It's so wasteful to have all these bouquets and decorations that just get tossed out! 

Don't tell my FI about the MIllenium Falcon cake, or he'll be dying for one too :D
  • Options
    I'm Nicole and my fiance is Evan. We have a 4 month old; lillian. We have been dating for 2 years and just recently got engaged on 4/20/12. We plan on getting married 4/19/12. We havent done much of planning yet. We have been researching venues and have our colors picked out(pink and teal). We are both very excited!!
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Hello all!  I am newly engaged and are looking to marry on April 27th, 2014. This gives us time to save up to pay for the wedding and honeymoon ourselves.   

I am 33 and FI is 34; we have been dating for 3 1/2 years, living together almost a year.  I have an 8 year old daughter from a previous relationship.  Apparently, before FI proposed to me, he asked her if she still wanted us to be married.  She said she did, and then suggested he check out Macy's because they were having a sale on rings.  Then he showed her the engagement ring and she was so excited!  She did manage to keep it a secret until he asked me a week later!

We are pretty sure we know what venue we'll use because it is the place we met, and now it functions mainly as a wedding venue!  Once you meet their minimums, it also has everything included (food, drinks, tables, chairs, sound system, etc.)  That leaves significantly less to plan/for and simplifies budgeting!    

Right now, I am mainly focusing on the excitement of being engaged.  Congratulations to the rest of you April 2014 brides!

• Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Laura, and my fiance is Matt. We've been together for about 4 and a half years. We've been engaged for a while already, waiting to have our wedding after he is done with school. We're planning an April 26, 2014 wedding. We are just beginning planning, and will be getting things booked at the church this weekend. It's exciting to see that there are more April 2014 brides now!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sexyangel925sexyangel925 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Hi Everyone! I'm Erika. We just set the wedding date to April 24th. We're going to celebrate our 5th year anniversary on Dec 29th. We got engaged last year on July 29th. I'm 21 and  I'll be 22 in September. My fiance, Joseph will be 21 in July. We've been together since high school. I'm so excited! Nice to meet all of you... <3:)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hey Everyone!!! I'm technically not a bride. I'm Brooke and I have been married to my best friend in the entire world for a little over 8 years!!! We are planning a rather large Vow Renewal for our 10 year anniversary. April 12, 2014 I am super excited. We have grown so so much as a couple and as individualsSmile Happy Planning everyone!!! :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    APherber418APherber418 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Hello all.  My name is Amber and my FI is Chris.  We will be getting married on 4.18.14.  I plan on DIY'ing as much as possible and have started many projects for my wedding.

White Knot
    June '13 January siggy Honeymoon Destination
    Indian Head Resort White Mountains New Hampshire
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all! I'm Nicole from fl, and I'm "preengaged" to Nick. We met 2 years ago, and have been inseparable ever since. 2 months after we met, we moved in together, a 2 weeks before our 1 year anniversary, we found out we were expecting. We now have 6.5 month old b/g twins! Right now, he's saving for a ring, but told me to start doing all the research as far as venues, photographers, dj's, etc that I'll want to check out. We're going to get married on our 4 year anniversary, 4/5/14, and have decided our colors will be black, red, and white. : look forward to getting to know you ladies over the next 2 years!
  • Options
    APherber418APherber418 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    @nhamblin23: Twins and wedding planning must be a handful.  Congrats to you and Nick.

@lasweetie: our wedding is also on our third year anniversary.

It's so good to hear that there are others who are planning too, sometimes I feel like I'm getting to far ahead of myself, but when I get these great ideas I have to run with them.

Also I didn't mention before that I am 25 and Chris is 35 and we have been living to together for almost a year.  We live in S.E. MA.  We are both going to change our last names when we get married!!!  We have an adorable and bratty Pherbaby named Bentley:
    White Knot
    June '13 January siggy Honeymoon Destination
    Indian Head Resort White Mountains New Hampshire
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love seeing how different all of our situations are from another! It's cool that we have vow renewals as well as weddings years in the making!
  • Options
    Apherber that's why we're having a longer engagement. : the twins are a handful on their own, nevermind having all the meetings and such! Just wanted to update! After a series of unfortunate events last night ie nick texting me instead of the person he meant to, I found out he bought my ring last night!!! Will be moving from preengaged to engaged soon!
  • Options
    Hey Ladies!! My name is Angelica. I am 23yo... my fiancee Orlando is 28. We met 3 years ago at where else work! haha. We were both interns at a large IT company and later both ended up getting fulltime positions within the same company. He proposed on April 6 and 2 days later we jetted off to Paris for a week. My fiancee is awesome! We just relocated to Houston, TX where the wedding will be held on April 5, 2014. It maybe 2 years but there is so much to do between now and then I know for sure the day will be here before I know it! I am so excited to start planning!
  • Options
    Hello!!

Congratulations to all the lovely ladies in this month board!!

My name is Stefanie Wells, and my fiancé`s name is Jason Choquette. We have been together for 5.5years, after meeting online. We got engaged on November 4, 2011 and couldn`t be more thrilled. We have been together since the day we met, and love eachother more every day <3

We are planning a destination wedding in Barbados on April 23, 2014, with a few friends and then planning on doing a big reception for family back in Victoria, BC Canada.

Cheers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats ladies! My name is Mandy, I'm a 34 mother of 2 & I'm pre-engaged to Paul my 42 boyfriend father of 3. We are getting married on Saturday, April 26, 2014. I have begun planning because I don't want to do everything in a years time after Paul proposes. We meet in the Air Force Reserves & eventually with the help of one of my friends he convinced me to go out on a date with him. That was the best decision of my life. I plan on doing a lot of the wedding stuff myself so I can use more of my budget for food & beverages for the reception. I'm so excited to start our lives together as a married couple. I am the luckiest woman in the world!!!
  • Options
    We have the same wedding date! Yay 4/26/2014 we got engaged in may just started the planning haven't got anything booked but I'm working on it everyday
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Getting To Know Each Other April 2014 Brides!!:[QUOTE]I love seeing how different all of our situations are from another! It's cool that we have vow renewals as well as weddings years in the making! Posted by lasweetie[/QUOTE]

That is a very nice thing to say!!! Thank you!! :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heatherk2489heatherk2489 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Congrats to everyone.

It's really nice to see that everyone else is starting the planning process as well, I'm not the only one lol.  Everyone keeps telling me you have two years, why are you already planning? Because I want to! This is my wedding, and it's going to be perfect because I had 2 years to plan it! Speaking of, we are planning for 4-27-14. We wanted to do the 28th but that falls on a monday so we gave a little on the date. Plus Sundays are cheaper :) 

My name is Heather, my FI is Josh. We are 22 and 23 respectively. We have been together for 4 years, our anniversary was April 28th. We've known each other since middle school, and have always wanted to be together, things just kept getting in the way.

I have already gotten my dress, which was a surprisingly long process. Honestly I think I tried on 50 dresses before a consultant put me into one I never thought I would have liked, and I fell in love :)
    We are going to look at venues next weekend, which is really exciting. That pretty much decides what the rest of the wedding is going to look like. I have no idea what I want though, I see little things, but I just can't put the big picture together yet. That is very frustrating. 

We did orignally want to just wait a year, but this gives us time to save and get everything exactly the way we want it because we are both stubborn.

Good luck to everyone in their planning, definitely looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing all of our ideas!

Happy planning! :)

June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_getting-to-know-each-other-april-2010-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:729d1026-66fc-47ce-ba91-9f2e32bf5144Post:470220bf-f3e5-455e-8f99-2fabfe9ece4b">Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Speaking of, we are planning for 4-27-14. 
    Posted by heatherk2489[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Congratulations!</div><div>Also, wedding date twins!

</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards