• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Ohio-Cincinnati

Update: Recommendations from our Cincinnati Wedding

We thoroughly enjoyed our wedding in January. Here are the details of any resulting recommendations:

·         Venue: Arnold’s. They have a wonderful area that used to be a patio which is now enclosed. This was the perfect size for our party, which was just 37 people (for family reasons, we split our celebration into two and had a second celebration in Washington, DC afterwards). Dinner prices were reasonable, staff were super helpful. They had bags for the kids attending with snacks, a PB&J sandwich, and a coloring book – great to amuse them during the ceremony. There is a stage at the front that we got married on – perfect size for just the bride, groom and officiant. Apparently this space is also popular with rehearsal dinners. As my husband noted, this bar/restaurant is the oldest one in Cincinnati, so offers a lot of history. It just celebrated its 150th anniversary.

·         Officiant: Reverend Jerry of Cincinnati Ministers http://www.cincyministers.com. I am not religious so wanted a civil ceremony. Reverend Jerry is a non-denominational minister. The possible scripts on their website provide many options for both religious and civil ceremonies. Completely worth the $150 we paid. (Yes, cheaper than other options we found.)

·         Music: Although we live in Washington, DC, my husband is from and used to live in Cincinnati, and then was a fan of the local music scene. He contacted a blue grass band he used to see called Jake Speed and the Freddies – they were so much fun. They opened with a song Jake Speed actually wrote for us. Dancing took place after dinner.

·         Hair: Paragon Salon. Very pretty, matching exactly even though all I had was some not-perfect-match photos and verbal description. And the first time I had an up-do that was not painful.

·         Hotel: We stayed at Garfield Suites. Lower cost than some other downtown hotels, still convenient to everything, and the suites are really big.

Re: Update: Recommendations from our Cincinnati Wedding

• edited December 2011

Your wedding sounds like it was a great time.  What a great idea to have Jake Speed play!

• edited December 2011
    As wedding planners in Cincinnati, we are always looking for interesting venues to hold a wedding ceremony or reception. I would have never imagined that Arnold's would be available for weddings. Did they block off the back patio for your private use then? I plan to keep this idea in my back pocket for future use!

Cheers,

Eventurous Inc.
    http://www.eventurous.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards