Florida-West Coast
Options

AW: Menu Cards

I created menu cards today... they are going to printed on white card stock then mounted on teal sparkly cardstock.... Pictures in Bio under Paper!  82 Days!!!!! :)

Re: AW: Menu Cards

• Options
    edited December 2011
    very awesome!!!
  • Options
    tabvarn80tabvarn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks good girl...another thing I need to work on. Picked up to packets of menu cards at Michaels for 1.99 each!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what a good little bargain shopper you are! :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many are you putting on each table?  I have 50 total, and probably 15 tables.  Was thinking I could also put a few on the bar, with a 'drink menu'? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure........ I was originally thinking I would do one at each seat to help liven up the tables a little bit, but i feel like tat might be overdoign it...... but then I also feel like if i jus tdo one per table, no one will see it and then ti will be a waste!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I *think* I will put 3 at each table maybe 4 and then left overs would go on the bar...that is what I think I shall do. :)  As long as I quit procrastinating and get all my paper products done!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know, once I saw that list, I was like OMG i better get going!!!  So I am going to do menu cards this weekend, so those are done.  I am going to order photo cards this week.  Hopefully start on programs too.  I think I am going to do the fan ones.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i NEED to address my invites and stuff this week, my mom is getting annoying about it, lol.  I have to wait for my website info cards to come in from Vistaprint to mail them....and I want to buy the wax stamps from Michaels to seal them. My DOC is going to help me with the place cards, we are going to use my leftover card stock and her criket...I'm excited! :)I probably won't do programs, although I have A TON of paper for them.  ugh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I was going to buy Raffia fans because our ceremony is outsdie at 430 in October, so it will probably be hot!  But I figure if I make the program fans, it will be cheaper and kill 2 birds with one stone!  BTW, I love those sealers... I was in michael's the other day looking at them!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I'm hoping it isn't hot!!!  It is cheaper to get the wax seals than to get the stickers...I think I can do ALL of my envelopes with one package of wax, would need 2 or 3.  The wax is only 5.99 I think, then of course the 40% off. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha!  Of course!!  I am really starting to get anxiety though.... and I'm completely unproductive at work these days, eeeek!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, now, leave the anxiety to me! :)  I have actually been productive at work, lol.  I don't know how much longer that will last...my shower is on the 2nd, so after that I probably won't be worth anything here. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower isn't until the 29th, but I am driving (yes, driving!) up to Buffalo for it...... and then i will be there for a week because I am in a wedding the following weekend.  So i know once I get back from that, its all over, lol!
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of showers, what is the amount of time out from the wedding one should have a shower? My sisters are throwing me one. Back to the menus. They look great!! We're doing menus at each place setting because each person's name will be on it along with the meal they chose. Also, we're doing colored ribbon based on what they ordered so the servers will know what meal the guest ordered without asking them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think for showers it is 1-2 months before.  Somewhere around there!  But really whatever works best for you and your people's schedules would be fine!I think for what they are having, I am going to put it on the seating cards.  I bought a bunch of... I don't even know what they are called, I want to say stampers, but they make cutouts.  So I am going to cut out certain shapes and that will equal what they are eating..........
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Driving?!  Oh my, but I would probably rather drive, I have a fear of flying these days.. Dogluver- I *think* showers are generally a month before the wedding, mine is going to be early.  My family has a five million birthdays between now and the wedding and my sister is due beginning of September..so I guess they decided to get it out of the way early. :) For the meal options, I was just going to use ribbons on the place cards so that the wait staff can determine who gets what...that should be fine right?
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tab - absolutely on the ribbon. We're doing ribbon with the individual names that way people will know where they are sitting and can't change meals on us. I'm going out today to look for the ribbon I want and to get the paper to start making the menus. Also, thanks for the info. on the shower. I think my sisters are looking to do it a little earlier (about 3 months out) because we have some people coming from out of town and they want to do the bachelorette party about a month before. With our wedding being 1 week after Christmas, that time of the year is just so hectic. I'm all for a party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah i think 3 months is fine because once you get around the holidays its hectic for everyone!  I'm ok with driving because i will have a new car by then, yea!!!!  Plus mom and sis are driving up wiht me and FI is driving back!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know what car you are going to go with? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now I am leaning towards the Hyundai Santa Fe..... I test drove one on Saturday and the Limited was really nice! The place we went only had a light blue one though and i didnt like the color!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ang! Quick question..you are using Olympia right?  Did you get an option to do only one entree?  With my package, you choose 2 entrees, but the guest gets both on one plate.  Just wondering....
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hyundais are supposed to be good cars.  I know a few people that have them and they like em. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Meg, Yes, we are doing the option....... did they not offer that to you?  I think they offered us teh combo plate first but I asked if we could do the option. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok :)  We didnt ask about.  I loved both options so much though :) I was just afraid you didnt know you got both, and misprinted your menus!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was torn on what to do...... but then I feel like some people don't eat red meat, etc.  So I just thought the choice was easier..... I love both too though!!!!  Maybe they will make me a combo, haha!BTW, did you see my post about tipping for them?  Do you know how you are going to tip them? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was hoping someone would have a reply, becasue I have no clue, haha.  Havent even thought about it yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I emailed Lauren about it with what she did and she said that she asked them and they told her it was up to them.  She said that $10-15 above per server is standard.  I will defitely tip them something extra (unless they are awful, which i doubt they will be!) I'm just not sure how much, ugh!  I asked them about it too and Sherri sort of made it sound like it is customary to tip more, she just didnt give me any sort of idea how much, lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards