Florida-West Coast
Options

Reception Dress

Would I be totally insane to buy a dress for the reception?  My ceremony is in a church, my dress is very formal and a ball gown shape.  Today I was with my maid of honor while she was ordering a dress for another wedding, and I found a beautiful dress that would be gorgeous for the reception.  It is a simple gown.  Here is a picture of it http://tinyurl.com/nexf6n

Re: Reception Dress

• Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many girls are and it depends on what you want. Do you want to spend the extra money on something that will be worm about 5 hours? My dress is a ball gown style also but I can't wait to wear it the entire night. I feel like a princess in my dress (my FI is always calling me his princess). We're having a big church ceremony (Sacred Heart) and my dress fits perfectly with the church. We're also having a more formal reception with personalized menus and white glove service. Again, my dress fits that also. It really just depends on what you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do whatever you want! I love my dress to want to take it off, so I won't be doing a reception dress. In fact i'll most likely keep it on for the after party too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's my wedding dress!  So I might be bias :-)  If it's  in your budget then why not?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards