Florida-West Coast
Options

Dress Shopping

So I am finally going dress shopping a week from Monday and I can't wait! I want to call and start making appointments but I am not sure where I would like to go. What do you ladies recommend in the St. Pete/Tampa area? And are there certain places I should go before others? I know that someone had mentioned doing Jon's bridal last because if you find a dress they don't order them..its just what they have. I am looking to spend no more than $1000, but less would be great! Where do you guys think? TIA!

Re: Dress Shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at Alfred Angelo.
  • Options
    corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo was great for me. CC's in St.Pete gets great reviews. I wasn't thrilled but other girls have had good experiences. Alfred Angelo dresses are relatively inexpensive and within your budget and they are almost all amazing! Good luck!!
  • Options
    KappaKKappaK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved CC's!  My dress was $800 including tax.  If you go there, ask for Monica.  She was so nice and helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CC's in St. Pete.... while I didn't end up buying my dress there, Monica was wonderful and by far, hands down gave me the BEST DRESS SHOPPING EXPERIENCE I'VE HAD TO DATE.  Too bad she made me feel like a princess in a Pronovias gown that was out of my budget.  I just couldn't pay that much, but I love the place and Monica!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I third CC's and Monica, she was great! and my dress was right around $850 with tax and everything!
  • Options
    Roltide75Roltide75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rave about Monica too at CC's.My daughter's experience was so much better hands down than what we had at 3 other places.We gave her a price range and she stayed within that range and it was a wide one so I could see if another $750-$1000 really made a difference in the dress.   We went with our initial price wish!Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Options
    MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had DJ at CCs boutique but all the ladys there are so nice!! I love my dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I (whichever number we're up) to Monica at CC's she is super nice! and they have a great selection too!
  • Options
    shoff2010shoff2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! About how long do you think I should leave for each appointment? I was planning on going to 2 on Monday and 1 on Tuesday, but didn't know how long each would take. Also, did you all have to pay for the whole thing on the day you picked it out, or is it just 50%? Does anyone have anything good to say about Jon's? Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They shop will dictate how long.  I believe most are set for 1.5 hours.  No, pay half on the day of.  But don't feel like you have to buy it on the first visit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With Alfred's I went on a day during the week and had the whole place to myself. It took about 1.5 hours before I found "the one" and ended up buying the day of. I had to pay 50% then so they could order the dress and then the rest when I came to pick it up about 2 months later. If you're going on more than one visit I recommend doing one appointment in the morning and one in the afternoon and have lunch between. Otherwise bring water and snacks if you're going from one to another...trying on dresses is exhausting
  • Options
    bob&sambob&sam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Jons Bridal in Tampa. They are huge and I liked that I was trying on every gown in my own size.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress last month at CC's. I had DJ helping me and she was awesome. By the end of the appointment my Mom wanted to invite her to the wedding. I knew what kind of dress I wanted so my whole appointment was about 1.5 hours. CC's requires a 60% deposit. Have fun!
  • Options
    shoff2010shoff2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! As always you all were super helpful!!! Happy Monday :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm late on this post but I had an excellent experience with Jon's Bridal today. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to. Like bob&sam said, it was nice trying on dresses that were actually my size and not held together in the back with pins...lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards