Florida-West Coast
Options

My Final Fitting

Ok girls, I picked up my dress last night... I really like the sweeping train, but I'm not so sure I love the bustle but it's pretty much too late to do anything about that now.  I decided against the 3 point English bustle and got a 3 point French bustle.  I included a couple pics from my first fitting to show you what the dress used to look like compared to the final product...http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2012198008/a=25410356_25410356/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Re: My Final Fitting

• Options
    rdoernbergrdoernberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!! I like the bustle :) And it looks absolutely stunning on you
  • Options
    bnlchic03bnlchic03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the train!!! I see what you mean about the bustle, maybe it just wasn't folded perfectly neat? But honestly all of your pictures and everything will be with your train down, and anything once you bustle you'll be moving around so you won't notice it as much. You are always your own worst critic. I think the dress is beautiful!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it is beautiful and so elegant the dress and the bustle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty!
  • Options
    nillachicknillachick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes it is the Alfred Angelo store in Tampa.  I had by alterations done by there by Jessica.  I was a little worried b/c she appears pretty young (<30 definitely) but overall I think she did a good job.  I would give her a B.  The hem was a little sloppy... I know probably no one can see it but I am very picky.  Also, I wish she had shown me more bustle options.  I ended up with a 3 point french bustle that goes horizontally but she never showed me what it might look like to have a 2 or 3 point bustle vertically.  If I had known what I wanted, I might give her a B+.  The good thing is you can have her keep altering it if it's not what you like.  I had 4 fittings and decided to stop after that b/c I just wanted to take my dress home.  I think it looks good, just not perfect.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you really have to speak up to get what you want, and I had a hard time always voicing what it was that I wanted... also, my advice, definitely always bring someone with you!  it's much easier to get them to give you an honest opinion.  I didn't have anyone with me the for the first 3 fittings, and so it was just all the sales staff at the store telling me how WONDERFUL it looked.  Know what I mean?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards