Florida-West Coast
Options

Inexpensive DJ?

Hi,I am looking for a DJ for my 10-10-10 wedding in Port Charlotte, FL. Can anyone recommend a DJ that is good and reasonably cheap? My budget is tight and any recommendations would help! Thanks!

Re: Inexpensive DJ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Joshua at Expert DJ (http://www.expertdjvideo.com/) who was highly recommended to us by our venue. He is doing pre-ceremony/prelude music, ceremony, cocktail hour, and 4 hours of reception music for $600 total which is about 50% off of what they usually charge b/c our wedding is on a wednesday. I think 10-10-10 is a sunday and am pretty sure they give a little discount on that day, too. Even at $1200 for that much time (5 1/2 hours), I still think the price is good compared to what I saw when researching. Josh is sooo nice and has great attention to detail. He's very easy to work with. My wedding is 11-25-09 so I'll let you know my review after. :) HTH!
  • Options
    koolcat22koolcat22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes ThePros.com has some good ratings and they are SUPER cheap..otherwise I woudl work with Grant Hemond and associates...our normal price was $995 for ceremony music and then separate setup for cocktail hour and then a 4 hour reception..we got it down to $800...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Frank Lebano and Co. but our DJ is Mike Mello.  I don't know if they go down to Port Charlotte, but his prices are great, and you can negotiate!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Rob Sword from Sword Sounds. I found him to be the best priced and his personality and attention to detail is amazing! If you would like, you can read some reviews on wedding wire and get his contact information.
  • Options
    tilytaf813tilytaf813 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grant Hemand ans asso. are amazing and the price is awsome i have them for 5 hours and its under $500.00
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Ron from Pro DJs. He is right out of Port Charlotte and I paid $575 for 4 or 5 hours (can't remember). Plus he traveled to Cape Coral.P.S. I'm from PC too! Hi!
  • Options
    m.zdorowm.zdorow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the information!! It really helped!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards