Florida-West Coast

has anyone else used Jons Bridal?

I hope this will help someone else out! I bought my dress there, which is beautiful, and the lady who helped me was really nice, but I really feel I was pressured into buying it. They offered me a 100.00 off coupon for a veil or shoes or whatever, 10% off alterations, and a free engagement photo shoot with a photog. in the tampa area. First of all, my dress was a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle less than I would have spent at like Alfred Angelos, but I do have to pay for alterations, whereas they were included with the price of the dress from A.A. The 100 gift cert is nice, but what if I dont like anything they have there? And 10% off alterations is great, if the seamstress is good, and not more expensive than someone else. I just want to make sure other ladies dont make the same mistake. If you arent 100% sure about the dress, this isnt really THAT good of a deal. There are TONS of places to get/make veils, shoes, undergarments for less than theirs. And almost every photog ive spoken to has offered me a free no obligation photo shoot. So dont feel the same pressure i did!I feel I was pressured into a dress im not 100% happy with. So, the question is, has anyone else had this experience? What did you do, and please tell me their seamstress is the best on the planet, and ridiculously cheap!

Re: has anyone else used Jons Bridal?

• edited December 2011
    There are always mixed reviews of Jon's on this board.  The good: Their prices are good, they have a good selection in alot of different sizes, some people get good service.The bad: They rip the tags out of their dresses, so you don't know who the designer is.  They pressure you into buying by telling you they won't order you a dress, they only sell what they have in stock.  They are always posting on this board (with different screen names) about how great they are.  That being said, I do not like them.  There were a couple dresses there I liked.  The first time I went I went by myself on a Thurs cuz I was in the neighborhood, and i was supposed to go shopping with my mom on Sat.  So after I decided that I wnated to show my mom, they gave me the "they may not be here when you come back".  I'm the type of person that thinks Well then it wasnt meant to be.  So anyways, I finally leave and come back on Saturday, WITH an appointment.  She is helping another bride, ok fine, we wait.  So after like half an hour they are finally done.  I show my mom the 3 dresses and she doesnt love any of them (I didnt really either, but didnt know what i loved!).  So the last dress I have on, my mom is talking about it and the lady helping us snaps at her, Well this isn't your wedding is it?!  I was pretty taken back.  So we finally tell her that I dont really like any of them and can I take another look around with my mom, and she tells me no because they have another appt, I was like UH.... I have an appt too and the girl in front of me took 30 mins too long.  At that point we left and went to CC's where I found a dress a loved for about the same price and didnt feel pressured at all!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • edited December 2011
    Additional Cons:The owner consistently posts as a "bride" on our boardYou can not try on dresses more than 2 times, or you have to pay a fee. (So if you go in don't see anything the first time, go back in a month because they are supposed to get new dresses all the time and still don't see anything you can't go back to check for new ones without paying $100)Oh and honestly the prices are not any better than what you would pay other places... they carry a lot of knock offs which is why their prices are low.
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen some crazy sh*t on her about Jon's Bridal.  What is with them?
  • edited December 2011
    They are just really shady IMO...
  • edited December 2011
    i bought my dress from there as well and i felt so pressured into getting it. i did love the dress... and didn't want to take off, but i HATED the whole, if you leave it probably wont be here, thing. i went shopping by myself when i found it, so the fact that i didn't have ANYONE with me was scary & they didnt take my feelings into consideration at all. plus, they were giving me such a big discount on it, i felt like it really would have been gone. ... has anyone ever tried to find out who the designer was from their gown after they bought it... i'm still very curious to know!
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, "J's Bridal" is SO shady. I hate even mentioning their name on the board. The owner has come on here and even talked trash about his own store (bad publicity is publicity).
  • signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen mixed reviews (mostly on this board).  They were the first store I went to to try on dresses.  The woman who helped me was very nice and professional, I tried on about 5 dresses, none of which thrilled me.  I didn't feel pressured to buy, just didn't find anything I loved.  The whole store was just creepy though.  anyone else agree?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards