Florida-West Coast
Options

OOT Bags

Am I a bad person if I don't do OOT bags?All my guest will be out of town and I just can't see having to make 40 OOT Bags...Any insight?Any ways to do this VERY inexpensively?

Re: OOT Bags

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You are not a bad person.  My good friend got married 3 years ago... many OOT guests. She didn't do a bag.Most of my family friends do this.  So I'll be doing it... hopefully inexpensively.  There is a good place to buy bags if you are interested. http://www.bagsandbowsonline.com Thanks for this reminder.  I should order the bags this weekend. I printed out labels and will just place them on the bag.  I will fill the bag with 2 waters and some goodies from Sam's Club - granola bars, pretzels, etc. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok another question to add then... What is everyone including in their OOT Bags?Thanks!
  • Options
    JulieLeonardJulieLeonard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the exact same situation, 99% of our guests are from Pennsylvania and I have decided not to do OOT bags. The cost to cover bags for everyone was going to be astronomical.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing bags...I was going to do waters, oranges, sunscreen (you can get travel sizes online for $1-3), and some maps and travel brochures of the area, hoping to also get coupons for local stores or restaurants as well from local businesses from the Chamber of Commerce.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've seen pictures of dressed up brown paper lunch bags-they were really cute!
  • Options
    stacybrideflstacybridefl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm just going to do brochures, maps, coupons from the chamber of commerce, maybe a couple oranges and bottled waters, and snacks from sam's club like bags of chips and cookies. i don't think it will be that expensive if you buy in bulk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did 2 Bottles of water, sunscreen & aloe (from the Dollar Tree, full size), FL postcard, tissues, gum, Advil, candy, snacks, antibacterial stuff, etc. And jen - you are NOT a bad person if you dont do them..... and I didnt forget about you. My computer crashed and I had to get a new hard drive, so I am in the process of resetting everything up!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Angela, apx. how much would each bag cost to put together? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing OOT bags and we have a lot of guests from OOT too.
  • Options
    nillachicknillachick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of our guests except for three people will be from out of town, including me! We aren't doing OOT bags, just too costly.
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stargazer lily - where can you get travel sized sunscreen online? do you have the name of the site?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards