Florida-West Coast
Options

How do you feel about having a dress made

Just wanted to get your thoughts... I found a style dress that I love, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg on it. I was thinking about having someone make it for me and save myself a ton of money... A friend of mine had it done and it turned out great. So i was thinking of using the same person she hired to do it.... Thoughts?? Oh! TGIF... :)

Re: How do you feel about having a dress made

• Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely okay! Both of my cousins had my aunt make their dress from scratch. They turned out beautiful & exactly what they wanted. I say go for it.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Mistym05Mistym05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what I did.... I went dress shopping.  I knew that I wanted my aunt and grandma to make my dress.  So I went and tried on dresses to see what kind of style dresses looked good on me.  Then from there we went and picked out a pattern that was similar to the style of dress looked good on me.  I hope this helps a little.  If you really wanted to have one made I would go try some on first because what I thought I wanted to wear, looked awful on me, and the dress I fell in love with was nothing like I expected to like. GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah as long as you have someone reputable to make it for you! I would never do one of those "order it from China" things, but if its osmeone in the area that you know gets good reviews, then go for it!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards