Florida-West Coast
Options

The Dressing Room, St. Pete

I visited The Dressing Room over the weekend with my mom, FMIL and best friend, and I found the dress of my dreams! Unfortunately, Judy, the owner of the boutique was very rude. I even called her a few days later to ask if she would put the dress on hold, and she was rude then as well. However, she made a few great suggestions on alterations and getting me a good deal on the dress of my dreams. Is it just me, or has anyone else had this experience with this boutique? Would you purchase a dress that you loved at a place where the customer service was not so great?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Dressing Room, St. Pete

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the owner was a complete bit ch I wanted to smack her. She insisted that I put on heels and i'm sorry but I forgot mine and I sure as hel l i am not putting on those dirty shoes that have been on the feet of who knows how many people!I would def. not but a dress from somewhere like that. Why would you put money in the pocket of someone who treated you badly. I guarantee you can find the dress of you dreams somewhere else. If you know the designer and style number I would search for other dealers in the area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I visited The Dressing Room while looking for dresses for my Mom and my FMIL. At first we had the same impression of Judy, we were a early for our appointment. We later found out she only works with appointments and if interrupted while she's with a client she will be short. As the appointment progressed we clicked and by the end of the appointment my Mom thought she had met her new best friend. Judy seems to be a one of those people with a very strong personality who one either gets or doesn't. I can tell you she has an impeccable reputation in St. Petersburg business community and among many photographers I've interviewed. She knows her stuff and although it may seem opinionated she does know shapes and what works best for each shape. Of course if you can find your dress somewhere else you should go where you feel the most comfortable. However, if you can't give her another try, just make sure you have an appointment :-))
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW check out her reviews on weddingwire.com, There are 17 reviews and all give her a perfect 5.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from the Dressing Room as well. I had great experience with Judy. However, if she is with a Bride and you call or try to come in, she will not give you time because she focuses on who is in the store at that time. I found the dress of my dreams as well... maybe if I did not like the service I would have felt differently...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, initially, I figured she was just overwhelmed. We went during a trunk show, and were a little late, although we had an appointment. I was trying on veils, and she commanded that I try them on later as there is no time for that. I was thrown off, but figured that was just her personality. The only reason I am considering going back is because she had unique, edgy dresses that I have not been able to find anywhere else. I guess you've got to take the good with the bad. I am meeting with her next weekend to try on my dream dress again--maybe this time will be better : )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards