Florida-West Coast
Options

Weather in October

After careful consideration we decided to have our dream wedding in Florida and today we booked our flights!  We are just taking our two children and my mom (built in babysitter!).  We want to keep it very small and intimate but I wouldn't consider getting married without my mom and my kids!

We arrive on 10/18 in Tampa and found the perfect bungalow in Indian Rocks.  We've been to Florida a handful of times, but always in the Spring.   We usually stay in the Clearwater/Sarasota area.  What can we expect for weather mid/late October?

Thanks for your help!!  I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come!

Re: Weather in October

• Options

October weather is a little unpredictable.  Sometimes it’s cool and windy, and other times its still “fall hot” with leftover afternoon rain.  I’d recommend having a backup plan if you’re planning an outdoor ceremony. 

Indian Rocks is beautiful!  Nice choice.

• Options
    That's hurricane season in Florida.  Just watch the weather.
  • Options
    October weather is usually nice not too hot not too cold, October is the last part of the hurricane season but I am pretty sure you'll be fine and it will be a gorgeous wedding!. Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Weather will be perfect.  We have a professional conference each year on that weekend, and each year it's perfect.  Best wishes to you.
  • Options
    The weather in October is usually great. Around the 15th the first of the "cold" fronts start to arrive. First half of the month is warm,second half is cooler. 
  • Options
    2chumps2chumps member
    First Comment
    Thanks everyone!  "cooler" Florida weather is warm for those of us in MN! 
  • Options
    Like everybody already said, October is really unpredictable. I'm from Florida, and am also getting married in October. It's a good idea to think about a back up plan, as October is still in hurricane season (the end of it), but I do not think we typically get many in October. Also, we are fortunate enough not to get hit by many storms in the Tampa/St. Pete area (where you will be). Rain in Florida is usually quick moving, especially on the beaches, so while it may be raining one second, it will over shortly after. Usually you can start to feel a slight hint of fall (Florida fall... nothing like MN fall) in the air in October, and it tends to be a lot less humid, which willbe good for your hair.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards