Ohio-Cincinnati

Custom Ring Design

Can anyone suggest a good jeweler who can custom design a ring? I live in Mt. Lookout, but as long as it's in Greater Cincinnati, I'll drive for someone reputable. My engagement ring had a matching band, but apparently the jeweler forgot to mention that it won't fit my ring with the cut of my stone, so we're back to square one. My FI and I have looked around, but it appears we'll need to do something custom so that it matches and fits flush to my ring. I'm not from Cinci originally, so I don't know much about the jewelers around town and was hoping for some recommendations. Thanks!

Re: Custom Ring Design

• edited December 2011
    My engagement ring is what my jeweler calls a "stand alone" ring, and is made to be able to look good alone.We got it from Stafford, and they are going to design a wedding ring to match it. My ring has etching on the side, and they are going to be able to duplicate it exactly. I would definitely recommend talking to them. They have 2 stores, one in Montgomery and the other in Florence. Good luck, hope that helps!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hug Jewelers in Wyoming.  They are high quality.  My fiance's aunt who LOVES jewelery hasn't shopped anywhere else in years.  hugjewelers dot comBernard Satzger has an office downtown.  621-2487 He's good too and knows his stuff.  My stepmom and her mother/family have been going to this guy and his father before him since my stepmom was little.Both of these are family businesses.  I had some vintage jewelery repaired by Mr. Satzger,  but have not had anything designed by either so I cannot speak to their abilities personally, only through reputation.HTH
  • jh2010jh2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Krumbholz Jewelers in Montgomery is fabulous. My fiance brought in a bunch of his grandmother's jewelry and they made a beautiful engagment ring. FI was able to keep the sentimental value and still get an updated look. they'll also be making our wedding bands. This is also the plce FMIL goes to get all her jewelry made/fixed.We worked with Brad. Anyone there is great to work with (Lee is a visionary), but my jewelry love stays with Brad--ask for him, he's amazing to work with. 513.891.1930. The site (http://www.krombholzjewelers.com/main.cfm) will give the store hours as 10 a.m. - 6 (or something) but Brad is always in around 8 a.m.
  • CorvetteJenCorvetteJen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Richter and Phillips downtown.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used richter and phillips downtown as my jeweler. They do great work. They are actually remaking my engagement ring to do custom work and making my wedding band. My ring is SUPER hard to fit. They were able to get something that will fit flush with my ering. Good luck!
  • tarynnicholetarynnichole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! My ring has etching on the side too and I was hoping to find someone who could duplicate that. Sounds like I have great prospects now. Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if they do that or not but my FI got my engagement ring from James Free Jewelers in Montgomery. We worked with Anna. She was amazing and my ring is beautfiul. I know they do a lot of stuff there so you might want to check them out.
  • stosha1stosha1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Staffords for my band "Fix".
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Faigle and Sons near Western Hills.  My engagement ring and band we all completely custom made and they did a fabulous job.  PIB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards