Florida-West Coast
Options

Invitations...

I have been going back and forth about if I should handwrite the addresses on the invites or use a calligraphy font and print on the computer. My handwriting isn't the greatest and my FI's is awful! I know etiquette says we are supposed to handwrite but is it really that big of a deal? I would hire someone but we are already over budget. What are you guys doing with your invites?

Re: Invitations...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's acceptable now to print on the envelopes in a really nice font, but still a no-no with labels. 

I found someone really cheap and she had mine done the next day.   She lined everything up and made it look so professional.   I had my place cards, menu cards, and programs done and it was such a load off me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I handwrote the addresses. I didn't think my handwriting was anything great, but my mom asked "Who wrote this? It's cute!" So, maybe you aren't so bad! :) I used a really fine point pen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My handwriting isn't the greatest, but I hand wrote them all. I really don't think it's a huge deal if the envelops aren't perfect. That part will 100% be thrown away anyways...
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I printed mine and they turned out great. I found the same font used on the invites.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten this far yet, but think about everyone you are inviting and imagine them getting your invitation. Do you really think they will be like "OH MY GOSH I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE PRINTED THIS ON THE COMPUTER, HOW TASTELESS!" lol, I just don't see people acting like that anymore.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards