Florida-West Coast
Options

Parasols?

Any of you ladies having your BMs carry Parasols instead of flowers? If so where did you get them and is it possible to find some between $5 and $10 dollars? 

Hope you ladies had a great weekend Smile

TIA,
Kim

Re: Parasols?

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The quality is questionable on these too, but here are some I found.  I think this is a cute idea for an ourdoor ceremony and they look great in pics!
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    kmf218kmf218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I was up until almost 3am last night searching for them and paperlanternstore was the cheapest and they had my colors. The only down side is that my FI is insisting we get the nylon ones they offer bc they are only $3.75 but I was planning on getting orange ones bc the girls bouquets were going to have orange roses in them but my FI thinks they will look funny with the purple dress I picked. So I thought about changing to purple parasols but the nylon ones only come in a light purple and I need a dark purple to match the dresses. Sooo I need your lovely opinions again! lol

1st question: Are nylon parasols much different from paper ones? They seem to have a lot more shine (obviously bc of the nylon) but will it look weird to have the nylon and not paper?
    2nd question: Should I get the light purple instead of the orange? I have a picture of the girls dress below

I fell in love with the Scalloped edge parasols but they are almost $10 dollars and my FI says thats too much for a 'paper weight' lol So that brings me to 

question 3: Have any of you ladies found Scalloped edged parasols for $6 or less?

Thank you so much for your help! I love the ladies on this board, you all are so supportive, even when I have a stupid or dumb question! lol

TIA,
    Kim

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So, are the girls carrying both parasols AND bouquets?  I thought the parasol was in lieu of the bouquet.
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

• Options
    kmf218kmf218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just the parasols. I was originally going to make the bouquets myself but then I saw more pictures with parasols and I liked them better. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually love the light purple/lavender and royal purple together.  I would either do that or plain white.  I think the 2 bold colors of the orange and purple is too much.  I also think I'd spring the extra $3 each and get paper parasols.  I'd be worried that the nylon would look cheezy and too much like a real umbrella.

The scalloped edge ones are going to be even more expensive, so if price is a factor then I'd just get the round ones.  Here are some scalloped edge ones for $9.95 each.

Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards