Florida-West Coast
Options

wedding dress (and update) PIP

So like, 6 weeks ago, I ordered my dress. This dress. Except in white and without a train.  It's from David's Bridal (maybe you have seen it on the cover of their new catalog + all over their website, haha). I actually bought it the day it arrived in their store, no one had even tried it on yet and the new catalog wasn't out.  Seriously in love with this dress.  Not only does it have a bow (<3) it also has POCKETS! (Oh, and $400. no complaints there!)

In other news, I am stressed beyond belief. The wedding is "107 days away" and we have to go to Michigan next week to see my very sick grandma. :( I have like NOTHING DONE. 

I am only just starting to talk to a woman about officiating, we don't have a florist, I haven't called to go over anything with the caterer (final costs, # of guests, contract, ETC) My FH hasn't been to pick out a tux, LET ALONE HE HASN'T asked his friend to be his best man yet. WTF.

Seriously, my brain is going to explode. HELP, please?? (Oh and I am so broke, it hurts)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding dress (and update) PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love your dress, it looks perfect on you! And it has pockets, I'm jealous!!!

My wedding is also in 107 days. Wahoo for November 5th!

One thing you should probably do pretty soon is order invitations. I did mine today :) It was so overwhelming but fun at the same time! Depending on where you get them, they can take a while to come in, plus you have to address them and such.

You can do it! Just focus on the things that take time to order like invitations, BM dresses, flower girl dress etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

120 invited image 57 are coming! image 11 can't make it image 52 are taking their time replying image RSVP Date October 8th

• Options
    edited December 2011
    omgossshhhh! your siggy has the quote from V for Vendetta. It's one of our favorite movies and one of the reasons why we chose the date we did! HOORAY!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the dress, at least you have that done!  Everything else will fall into place.....can you delegate some stuff to family/friends/etc?  Like ask a few friends to call some florists for you to get some quotes before narrowing it down?  Pick one thing a week (big thing) to get done.  Maybe this week call the caterer....next week the florist....next week the bridesmaids.   I have found, you really can't do it all, even if you want to.  DELEGATE!!!

and look at it this way, at least you will look beautiful in your dress!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    by the way, where are you getting married?  is there anything the wonderful ladies on this website can help you with, when it comes to picking vendors, etc?
  • Options
    blseveranceblseverance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Beautiful!!!  :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    the tux takes two seconds! we did it last weekend. and mine is oct 23 and i havent reviewed anything with our caterer yet either! dont worry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I saw V for Vendetta on our first date, so we thought November 5th would be appropriate! We also LOVE that movie!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

120 invited image 57 are coming! image 11 can't make it image 52 are taking their time replying image RSVP Date October 8th

• Options
    edited December 2011
    omg, that dress is so beautiful and so simply unique!!  What a find!

I agree with the PP about invites.  You are going ot want to get those done ASAP.  Those are kind of a bigger undertaking so once you have those done it is smooth sailing.  Let us know if there are any specifics we can help with!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG.LOVE.THAT.DRESS!! - Kind of have a little envy there!!

Agree with the PP- the invites are something you need to do asap. And, using your bridal party to help you with stuff, they are your greatest support group!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breathe deep.  You're going to be fine and it will all come together.

AND I JUST FREGGIN LOVE THAT DRESS!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pockets are awesome!  And what a great deal!
    Congrats!
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!

I am DIY-ing about 99% of the wedding, so the invites I am making myself.  My friend had to cancel her wedding and she had the DIY damask invites I wanted from Michaels so she is sending them to me from TX.

Unfortunately, my MOH lives in AZ and I am not having a wedding party besides that (long story there)

And my friend in TX is my day of coordinator, so she has been helping me over the phone and whatnot.

VENDORS--
    Still looking for someone for hair (CHEAP!!! please!!!!!!!)
    Florist -- Anyone have suggestions on where to order flowers in bulk?
    I think thats about it for now :)

THANKS LADIES!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely under stand where you are coming from. I am under 100 days and took a mental health day today. And I decided painting a spare beadroom was a GREAT idea rather than working on invitations ... ( I guess those can be tomorrow considering I have tomorrow off too!)

I know there is a flower Market in Downtown Tampa (near David's Bridal) and Sam's sells bulk flowers too.
  • Options
    TimsGirl10TimsGirl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!!

I got my dress from DB too....and it has pockets as well!!  I LOVE the pockets!! :)
    Photobucket March 2011 September Siggy Challenge FAVORITE MOVIE BIO updated 8/15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards