Florida-West Coast
Options

*** VENDOR REVIEWS****

We have finally returned from our honeymoon in Jamaica.  Our wedding was a success and everyone had an amazing time.  Here are my reviews for the vendors we used!  Not in any certain order. 

CONNIE DUGLIN LINEN: A

The tables turned out great they are only receiving an A because the napkins on the head table were not what we ordered.

Z- BOP UNLIMITED (DJ) BONITA SPRINGS:  A+++

Jaime is amazing he is the owner and the DJ.  He will bring his own MC to get guests up depending on your group size he may bring two!  He was at the rehearsal and took complete charge.  He played all requests and was available if needed to go over everything.  He is one price for unlimited amount of time.  He is $650-700 depending if you need an alternate set up.  He also only charged us for $700 and included the lights and smoke machine at the reception when that was not included in the original price.  He also provided us with a CD with all of our music from the ceremony and the reception!!

PLANNED PERFECTIONS (FLOWERS) (FT. MYERS):  B

I am giving him a B because he was difficult to work with.  We attempted on several occasions to contact him and he never returned our calls.  I felt due to our price limit we were not as important to him as his other clients.  He also made to may boutonnieres and not enough corsages.  We never had a contract with him and that felt uncomfortable to me.  I did give him a price limit and he performed in that price range and the flowers were amazing!! My flowers were exactly what I ask for and the tables were amazing!!

ISLAND COAST PHOTOGRAPHY (CAPE CORAL): A++++++++++++++++

John is amazing!!  Every time we had a question he normally answered within the same day, sometimes within the same hour!  His pictures were breathtaking!!  We had our wedding on Saturday November 13th, leaving for honeymoon on Tuesday November 16.  HE EMAILED US WITH THE FINISHED PROOFS ON MONDAY NIGHT!!! He wanted us to be able to see them before we left for our honeymoon!!!  They were amazing!!!!!!!  We have already began putting together our albums, we are getting three! and we are have selected our large photos.  He is also allowing us to request more photos at different sizes.  I would HIGHLY recommend him.  He has made my wedding planning process soooo easy!!  Thank you John!!!

ALFRED ANGELO (DRESSES) BRIDE AND BRIDESMAIDS:  B

My dress was ordered several sizes to big and when it came in they would not let me exchange for a smaller size.  They also did not see my vision for my dress and when I was discussing how I wanted to look they said it would not be possible with the dress I choose.  They also told me my dress could be made into a sweetheart neckline and once I took it else where was told that was not possible!  However, I absolutely love my dress, once the seamstress from another place got finished with it!!!!  My girls dresses turned out well. 

FOR THE BRIDE (FT. MYERS): A+++++++

Wendy, the owner is truly amazing!  She is highly recommended.  I wish I would have found her before I purchased all of my dresses.  She transformed my dress into my dream, when Alfred Angelo said it could not happen.  Alfred Angelo said that my dress could be altered to have a sweetheart neckline, but when Wendy looked at it , she said that is not possible because of the beading on the dress and that the neckline was already slightly altered.  She said that if I went with a sweetheart neckline the fabric would buckle and it would cause wrinkles throughout the top of the dress.  She is very frank and speaks her opinion, even if it is something you may not want to hear, but that is what I love about her because she will not let you look awful on your wedding day!!  She also agreed to alter my moms dress and the bridesmaid dresses.  I had a bridesmaid that actually needed alterations two days before the wedding and wendy was able to complete everything needed.  I also got my jewelry, veil and hair pieces from her.  She knows what she is doing.  She knows peoples body types and what looks best on them.  She was very helpful!!!

THE HYATT REGENCY COCONUT POINT (ceremony and reception):  A+++++++++

They really went above and beyond, truly fantastic!!  From the ceremony to the reception and food, they made everything a success!!  My wedding Coordinator, Mike Dolch was great, thank you to him!!!  No one ever went without a drink or food.  Mike was on point with everything and was there every step of the way!!

CRATE AND BARREL (FAVORS):  A+++

We ordered 84 oval spice jars three months before the wedding, a week before the wedding I took all of them out and washed them before using them.  All of them rusted on the metal hinge!!!  We called immediately and within two days they had 84 new ones delivered! 

MIKKELSON'S PASTRY SHOP (BONITA SPRINGS):  A+

Ok, so they are getting an A+ based on flavor!!  It was incredible!!!!  However, the cake I ended up with was not what I wanted.  I provided two photos to them, the first one was the cake I wanted, the layers and spacing in the middle for flowers and the other was a cake with the decoration that I wanted, nothing else.  They actually put the layers like the first cake and did the decorations, but did the cake like the second photo.  It was not at all like the first photo.  They left no spacing for flowers in the middle of the cake.  The flowers ended up on the table instead.  That is the only complaint because the cake the way it turned out was amazing and I liked it in the end. 

We actually went to the shop and have ordered another smaller cake with our flavors because we only got a piece to split for us because it was devoured!!  We even ordered a bigger cake on purpose, to have some left over.  Crazy, nothing left!!

SANDALS OCHO RIOS, JAMAICA (HONEYMOON):  A

We will definitely be using Sandals again, however will probably not return to this resort.  All-inclusive was amazing!!  Drinks and more drinks, and the entertainment was great!  The food needs some work and the resort is in the process of an renovation.  The huge pool was great and the staff was fantastic!!  We used the spa to the fullest! 

Oh and we used the honeymoon registry and I nor my guests have any complaints!!

Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: *** VENDOR REVIEWS****

• Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Who did you get dressed altered by? I also have a dress from Alfred

• Options
    sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the Bride in Fort Myers did my dress.  Wendy the owner altered it correctly and her team did my dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sunni, we stayed at the hyatt coconut point for a mini-moon after the wedding...what an amazing hotel!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tracynmariatracynmaria member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank  you for the reviews.....I am also planning on going to Sandals Grand Ocho Rios.... any advice?
  • Options
    sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TTnoles, I am glad you enjoyed your mini-moon at the Hyatt!!  Congrats!! I love this hotel, it is so amazing!!

Tracy, Definitely try to do the Candlelight dinner it was so worth it!!!!!!!  The best meal we had at the hotel.  It was so personal and fantastic.  It was one of the best nights we had.  I would also enjoy the spa as much as you can.  Do not go to the restaurant Arizona, it was HORRIBLE!!! Oh, Friday is the big night there, the fire show and lots of festivities.  Monday seemed fun also, however we left on Monday so we were not able to enjoy it.  The drinks are amazing.  We stayed on the Manor side (there are two different sides) which had the huge pool.  The Riviera side has the ocean and a very small pool.  The most construction during our vacation was on the Riviera side, so we did not hear a lot of the noise. We wanted to do alot of the excursions, but chose the spa instead.  If you do not do their honeymoon registry to get some of the fun activities it could cost a lot of money.  We did bring extra cash and credit cards, it was worth it.  When you go just enjoy yourselves!!  You will have a great time!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards