Florida-West Coast
Options

wedding gift dilemma

We will be flying down to Sarasota on Oct.6 for the wedding and will not return until Oct.16.  All of our family and friends in Cincinnati will also be at the wedding and will be vacationing in Florida while we are on our honeymoon. 

We are registered at Macy's and are requesting our gifts to be delivered to our home in Cincinnati.  But what do we do when we are in Florida?  No one will be here to put them in the house and I don't want them accumulating outside our front door for 10 days!  So what do I do?  (I'm sure there is an easy solution, but the wedding is 19 days away!  I can't think clearly!  LOL!)

Re: wedding gift dilemma

• Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stopped our mail at the Post Office and informed our neighbors that we'd be gone and appreciate them taking in any gifts we received. Is there anyone you trust to keep an eye on your door?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I really do not know any of my neighbors, so unfortunately, that is not a good option for us :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it UPS or Fed Ex stuff that you're worried about? The Post Office can hold your mail and packages that go through there...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan to hold our mail at the post office, but I didn't know what to do about Fed Ex or UPS.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure FEDEX can hold your packages, but unclear on UPS.  You can hire someone who's bonded to take them in and check your house.  When we go away, we have a housesitter who takes care of the dog, takes in the mail and packages, waters the plants, and watches the house.  She stays here until we return.  She only charges $25/day and is well worth the money!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Post Office, Fed Ex and UPS will all hold your mail and packages if you request them to.  I believe with Fed Ex and UPS you would just call the office in your area and request that.  With the Post Office you have to go in persona nd put a hold on the mail.

HTH!
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may want to contact Macy's Registry Dept as well...and ask them if they can hold off on your deliveries?  Explain to them the situationa and they may be willing to work something out to were the items are purchased but not shipped until a certain date.  Not sure if this is possible but well worth a shot.

GL!
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards