Florida-West Coast

Frustration over shoes -- any fashionistas out there?

Hi, ladies,

You would think shopping for shoes would be the fun, easy, throw-away portion of my 1.5 years of wedding planning. Really, it's frustrating me to no end. 

Anyone got shoes they love? Attached is my dress, although it's flowier on me than on the model because I'm 5'2" and petite but curvaceous in the hips. I'm looking for a heel, comfortable and not too blingy / not too casual.

Help a girl out. Please!!

o
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Frustration over shoes -- any fashionistas out there?

• edited December 2011
    I wore Nina shoes which I ordered off their website. Lots of styles, colors and sizes. Also, I think Nordstrom's and Jcrew are  great places to look for shoes, and if you order online you can return if they don't work. Good luck!!!

• edited December 2011
    Hi, Thinkingpink! Thank you -- did you find Nina comfy for the whole day? I know they do have quite a range of styles and quality, but I often find them not the most supportive.

Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ellen- 

Yes, I thought they were comfortable. I am very short, so I wore a 4 inch heel from Nina for about 3 hours for preceremony pics and the ceremony. No problems. I did put  those stick on heel guards into the shoes though (from Target) just in case since sometimes I have a problem there. Nina also makes styles with a more modest heel height :)

I am not used to wearing heels all the time, so for the reception I changed into a 2.5 inch heel from Chinese Laundry (ordered on endless.com) that had an ankle strap and a broader heel which was better for me personally for dancing. 

Endless.com allows you to search by size, style, color etc and has a whole bridal category too. They also have a great return policy- I actually bought 2 pairs and returned the one I didn't like as much. Another tip would be to look at blogs like Style Me Pretty for shoe inspiration, they often have pics of the shoes :)

Overall, I recommend wearing the shoes around the house of course, and also I think just changing shoes half way through, even to another pair of heels, helped my feet not hurt. Even though both pairs of shoes were comfortable, it's a long day with almost all standing!

Good luck and enjoy your wedding!

• edited December 2011
    Thank you so much -- that was very detailed and informative! I love your shoes, btw. :)
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress is beautiful! I agree with you! I have been looking for shoes with no luck. I also like Nina shoes and found a pair I really like! They were really comfortable in the store, but I am not sure for 6 hours. Have you looks at DSW? They had a nice selection when I went there. Also a great website is
    http://www.6pm.com/search/bridal/filter/txAttrFacet_Gender/%22Women%22/zc1/%22Shoes%22/txAttrFacet_Occasion/%22Dress%22/colorFacet/%22White+OR+Bone+OR+Beige+OR+Blue+OR+Silver%22/sort/price/asc

Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I love the dress. . and I love those Nina shoes.
    These are mine :) I love them. I couldnt have too tall of a hell since I didnt want to order extra fabric for my dress.

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    No pictures to post here but I would reccomend looking at Nina as well and Aldo
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls! This is fun, and I love it any time I get to see what other people are getting excited about and are adding to their special day.
  • edited December 2011
    Btw, lgrn22 -- did I see those shoes in Nordstrom's yesterday?:):) They look much better on you than they did on me. Love what everyone's doing with this little touch of signature style.
  • edited December 2011
    lgrn22- are those the Jimmy Choo's??? I really love those shoes but didn't find them until after my wedding and now I have no great excuse to buy them :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thinkingpink --- if those are Jimmy Choos, you need them!! I hear 6-month anniversary registries are all the rage ;-).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards