Florida-West Coast

FIGURE FAIR in St Petersburg FL..HORRIBLE CUST SVC!!!!

I'd first like to say I never post, really.  Just lazy I guess, but I do READ posts and listen to recommendations especially since I just moved to FL a few yrs ago from NY and still don't know where a lot of things are.  I got my dress from CiCi's Boutique in downtown St Pete and if it wasn't for the lovely Monica Fortini helping, I probably wouldn't have ordered there as every other associate (except the older lady who deals with Mother-of-Brides dresses) was pretty darn rude or just seemed that they couldn't be bothered with me.  I'm a chubby bride and even though I mainly live in jammie pants & flip flops, I make damn good $ and this is one event I want to go all out.   Earlier today I took a bridesmaid and my MOH with me to "Figure Fair" a lingerie/undergarment store located near Tyrone Mall in St Petersburg (as referred by my dear dress helper Monica).  We walked in and there were 2 associates, an older lady and another w/red short hair in her  mid-40s.  There was a hubs sitting and waiting for a wife who was shopping.  When we walked in I was immediately assisted by the older lady (I really wish I got her name b/c SHE was sweet) and I said that we were all here to find corsets for my upcoming wedding.  While I was being helped in one stall (by the older lady), my 2 girls were looking for something adequate to try on.  The red-haired sales associate (I believe now after research that she's the owner Dorry Rice) asked my maids "Are you really here to buy something or are you just playing games?"...I hadn't heard this yet.  My MOH recognized how rude that statement was, but as a favor to me, bit her tongue and responded that they'd purchase pending them finding something they liked that fit them (duh, that IS SHOPPING).  There were now 2 other customers in the store and I guess RED felt she was too busy for 2 girls who weren't a definite sale and proceded to make rude comments.  Meanwhile, I'm trying on like 6/7 corsets w/this older lady with the patience of a saint and I did eventually find something that fit PERFECT and was so excited.  By now, my girls had tried a few things on (my MOH tried 2 items and other BM tried 3 bras on), but they both live about 1hr away and RED clearly advised them there was a strict 7day return policy, so they declined the purchases as the wedding's not until May and well, this red-haired lady was just RUDE.  I still however really needed my corset so I went to checkout and paid cash and was commenting how I was going to bring my grandmother back for her undergarments, but as the older lady was handing me the receipt RED told her I could not return the bra as the item is now discontinued from the manufactorer.  I hesitated weighing if I should return it, but I pretty much had my mind made up I was walking out the store with the one bra that finally fit me so I was saying "its ok, i need it anyway" when RED offered an additional 10% discount.  Far be it for me to decline a discount so I said sure and then waited, and waited and waited b/c RED could then not calculate 10% off the purchase.  Really?  So I said as nice as I could since she's giving me the discount and I felt doing me the favor, "If its easier we could just void the charge and start all over with the discount?".  RED takes a step back, turns to me and says "Well, frankly you've been quite a pain in the a$$ and I'd rather just cancel the purchase completely". 
My jaw hit the floor.  I had like no interaction with this woman and whatever bitchiness she exchanged with my MOH, HOW WAS I TO BLAME?  I NEED THE BRA! Besides the fact I'd NEVER in all my life been spoken to like that especialy by somebody I AM HANDING $ TO!  In this economy!?!?  She made another comment about how i wasn't so bad, but they had tried on like 30bras (which I know that they didn't), but even if they had tried on 300, its a bra store!  Women go there to try on bras hoping something will fit that they can afford.  Where in the world of shopping is this NOT par for the course?  I honestly just stood there for like 2minutes just staring at her (my mouth gaping open in shock) when my maids finally shook me out of it.  The older lady apologized to me as she handed me my $ and said "I won't be here very long".  The owner should be ashamed her employees are apologizing for her behavior.  I was so physically upset I was nauseous.  I'm a supervisor in customer service and this woman's behavior absolutely blew me away.  When one of my BMs commented about her attitude being shocking and not good for business she retorted "We've been in business for over 50yrs.  We've seen you're kind before.  You're not the first and you definitely won't be the last!"  "My kind"??  A chubby white chick from Long Island NY who was excited to finally find a bra that fit??  Even writing this I am recounting the events over and over and although I'm aware my MOH made some faces behind the woman's back she was never outright rude until she called me a pain in the a$$.  I didn't ask for a discount, she offered.  If she was unable to calculate the 10%, she shouldn't have offered.  I'd already paid full price and had the bag in my hand!  I haven't written reviews ever, but this fiasco has me wanting to WARN OTHER BRIDES, plus I'm hoping the power of word-of-mouth will show this woman just because she owns a bra store, she can't be cruel to people.  fyi, I'm a red-head myself so I've nothing against this woman's hair color, It was just a reference as I'm unsure of her name, but to treat customers like that she must be the owner.  Just awful, please beware!  PLUS, when we came home I was pretty distraught and didn't think I'd find that same corset anywhere else (especially since it was discontinued), but after searching the internet extensively and vaguely remembering which brand it was, I managed to find it (and in NUDE which Figure Fair didn't have) and it was $20 less even including S&H.  So I'm way better off now and she ruined her business for nothing. I am curious if anyone else has had any dealings with this woman.

Re: FIGURE FAIR in St Petersburg FL..HORRIBLE CUST SVC!!!!

• edited December 2011
    omg, that sounds awful.  I am sorry you had such an awful experience =(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Roltide75Roltide75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were treated very nicely for daughter's dress experience at CiCi's and they had the proper undergarments there on site for her, which were affordable and fit nicely.

The other ladies were okayl, but I did not find my MOB experience as "happy and exciting".  They only wanted me to see what they had in stock and I had other things in mind.    I felt rushed, but maybe it was just me and felt OVERSIZED and I'm really a normal size 12-14 middle age woman.   I left and went to Georgette's on Kennedy and found they had many many more choices and a range of prices.  That experience for me was like my daughter's experience at CiCi's~~Tasha made me feel like a queen and found the exact dress for my body type.  Her follow up calls and effort to get the dress in the color I wanted was just PERFECT!   I felt all of the MOB bride dresses were size 8 at CiCis, while at Georgettes they had 2-24 and of many different styles.   It was more fitting to me.

I'm so sorry you had that negative experience~ I don't know why people like that are in customer service jobs.   It is hard to shake those experiences too!   There are a few stores that have lost my business in the last few years due to poor customer service, rude comments, and I am just surprised in this economy.  I was taught by my mom who owned a successful business that repeat customers and word of mouth are the  the BEST!   She always taught us that YOU NEVER know what $$$ someone has in the pocketbook/purse and as I grow older I realize the power of that statement.  You should treat all nice~ it is like judging a book by its cover~ not smart at all.

In this world of internet ratings and threads like this, you would think store owners would be more than nice to stay afloat!   I know I have gone on several ratings on this board and have found what others said so true.   I am sure many have earned business because of nice ratings and deservingly so.  I love giving my business to those that earn it and work hard.

Thanks for all posts like this and hopefully no other bride will experience what you did.   
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my!  I just had to pick my jaw up off the ground after reading this post.  That is just horrible!  Totally unacceptable!  I wish I could give you some good advice here.  I don't tolerate thay type of disrespect either, so normally I would tell you to write a letter to the owner, but seeing that is WAS the owner I would probably file a complaint with the BBB.  At the very least it will make other brides/consumers aware that this business only tolerates certain "kinds" of consumers and if you are not up to their liking that you should be prepared to be verbally abused.  I am so sorry that you had to go through this!  I've lived in SP almost my entire life and I know they've been there forever, but I've never been in there and thanks to you I NEVER will!  Glad you found what you were looking for.  GL with the rest of your shopping!
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • erinbc87erinbc87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's messed up.
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's horrible.  I'm glad you were able to take your business elsewhere & find exactly what you were looking for.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • heidilein13heidilein13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bustier/corset that i bought online from theundiebox.com  came in today and fit ferfect and was in NUDE and $20 cheaper!  I AM SO HAPPY! Laughing Now I have to try it on with my dress but I'm pretty sure it cuts low enough.  I told everybody at CiCi's Boutique about that lady at FIgure Fair too and they were shocked.  I don't play around when it comes to poor customer service!  Thanks for the support from my fellow knotties! 
  • I went into Figure Fair today, and as a 50-something bride with a 50-something body, I really needed help.  The "RED" lady referred to in another angry post no longer works there.  The man who owns the shop is well respected.  Chris took care of me and ringing phones and we tried on many items to get just the right foundation for my wedding.  I will be back for bras another time.  I had a very pleasant experience.  Sadly, it takes one person's bad attitude to ruin someone else's experience, but it also takes one ugly rant to hurt a business.  This is why I am writing my first ever review.
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am so sorry she was so rude! That is unbelievable!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards