Florida-West Coast
Options

Alternative nerdy venues

Hello all! Last time I was looking at a really small budget but it just went up. Me and fiancé discussed what we could afford and I'm excited. About 4k or so with about 50-60 guests. Anyway a little more about ourselves. We're kinda nerdy, I'm the artsy-book kind and he's the science-game kind. Right now we're hoping to look at MOSI. For their convenience and it's a museum. :-) what would you ladies suggest for alternative museum like places to hold reception and ceremony? And has anyone gotten married at MOSI that can give us some advice? Thank you all so much!

Re: Alternative nerdy venues

• Options
    jtritchjtritch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding at MOSI a long while back, and it was probably a little smaller than your estimated guest count.  The bride worked at MOSI, so not sure if it was special for them or not, but their ceremony was outdoors on the top of IMAX done at sunset and they had some of their huge telescopes set up for immediately following the ceremony.  The reception was in a private room within the museum.    I would definitely call them and set up a tour appointment with their special events coordinator -they can tell you what can and can't be done. 

Look at the USF Contemporary Museum, Tampa Bay History Center and the St Petersburg Museum of History. 

Good Luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone I know from HS is getting married at the new children's museum downtown!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could look at Great Explorations Museum in St. Pete. I don't know if they do weddings but they might. Or the new Dali museum. That would be my dream reception venue, but it (along with almost everywhere else) is out of our budget at this time...good luck! :) Ooooh, or the Florida Aquarium :)
    ~Natalie

October 2011, May Siggy: Honeymoon!!

My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Have you looked at a bookstore or the library?

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a roller rink?  That could be fun and different:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend that got married at the Dali Museum. That was different then I had experienced before but a gorgous wedding non the less. I think Mosi would be a great option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Aquarium.  Depending on the size of the party, you can rent a different room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards