Florida-West Coast
Options

License, Non-FL resident

Hi, there.

We live in Chicago. We're getting married on a Sunday. We are trying to make arrangements for flights/hotels (when to come down) in the days before our wedding, and would like to come down on Friday.

Any idea if the courts are open Fri and what kind of advance appointment you need to get your marriage license? I can/will call them, but I'd love to hear from those who have experience if this is a hellish or straightfoward experience.:D 
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: License, Non-FL resident

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I just went through this three weeks ago.  We are from NC and we got married in Bradenton.  I checked and double checked to make sure the courts were open.  We went to Manatee County Clerk the Friday before the wedding, and were all set.  We went early so we didn't have to wait.  We couldn't make an appointment but I could fill out alot of the information online ahead of time.  Then all we needed was photo ids and a check to pay. 

I would check with the county you are getting married in to see what time their clerks are open, but typically they are open mon-fri from 8/9- 4 or 5.  BEcause you are non-Fl residents, there is no waiting period before the license can be "official". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PP is correct.  It is very straightforward.  No appointment necessary.  I would just go as early as possible to avoid waiting long.  We were in and out in less than 30 minutes.  The only thing I will warn you about is that a lot of courthouses now do not accept Visa/MC, so be prepared to pay with cash or check.  In Pinellas county, they did accept CC's, but charged an additional 15% fee FYI.
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mbathey! I just found some info on Tampa that confirmed this. 

Honestly, you rock. What a stress this whole few days before is for us out-of-towners, huh?;-)

Congrats to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No prob...i can totally relate...I kept thinking  I was missing something and that it was just too easy.....and it was. 

Happy Planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards