Florida-West Coast
Options

Where to go for jewelry and ear piercing

Hi ladies,

I need to buy my jewelry, but I'm really unsure of where to go. I feel like a lot of the big bridal stores have average costume jewelry for a far above average price. I don't mind it being costume jewelry; I just don't want to over pay for it. Any ideas of where to go? I'd rather buy from a store if possible, but am not totally opposed to buying online if it's a reputable dealer.

Also, I need to get my ears pierced. I know this sounds weird, but I have struggled with keeping holes in my ears my whole life! I am allergic to the cheap metal in the low cost earrings. I had my ears pierced several years ago, but I developed scars and the holes closed up when I started wearing a lot of the cheap earrings. So, I want to get them pierced again, but will be very strict with myself about wearing only the good metal (gold, etc). I want to go to a good place since I will need a good quality earring.

Re: Where to go for jewelry and ear piercing

• Options
    I had my sisters ears pierced at Cherry Bomb Tattoos in New Port Richey. Doing it with a gun is not smart because it never really aligns right and a few other things I learned but forgot haha. She had them by gun and so did I and mine are uneven to a degree and hers got all gross. She has had hers in since Nov now and the gauge is a little bigger 16 instead of 18 but that gives it room to breathe when she wears 18g.

As for jewelry check clearance at bridal stores. Charming charlies, Beya, and the flear market. I got my necklace and earrings for like $3 at Alfred Angelo on clearance, I got my girls sets to wear for about $7 and got our groomsmaid a set at Beya for about $7
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I found some unique pieces off ETSY. All my ladies had a mishmash of jewelry from Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe -- sparkly costume jewlery!

I got my earrings from an estate sale and my bracelet from Rue La La [a website that has daily deals with different designers].
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks girls! I will definitely check out some of those places.

ShakeUpTampa - I was thinking of trying to go to a piercing/tattoo place because I thought piercing with a needle may be better than those guns they use at Claire's. I was a little hesitant though because I figured they would think I was crazy to be going to a tattoo place for a regular ear piercing. lol So, they pierced her ears with a bigger needle than regular earrings? Did they have regular earrings there for her to buy, or did she bring her own?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_jewelry-ear-piercing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:56588b5c-a957-4b6b-a815-ba1caffdc270Post:47bf0943-4a94-428a-98f4-696811f4d6d5">Re: Where to go for jewelry and ear piercing</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome! Thanks girls! I will definitely check out some of those places. ShakeUpTampa - I was thinking of trying to go to a piercing/tattoo place because I thought piercing with a needle may be better than those guns they use at Claire's. I was a little hesitant though because I figured they would think I was crazy to be going to a tattoo place for a regular ear piercing. lol So, they pierced her ears with a bigger needle than regular earrings? Did they have regular earrings there for her to buy, or did she bring her own?
    Posted by hbbdolphin[/QUOTE]

They put either the horseshoe or the stud like (no gems) as those get crusty and bad) its all surgical I think. And you can remove them within 2 weeks. They advised that because it literally TAKES THE SKIN instead of just punching a hole into it. They do regular ears all the time. It costs a little more but it's better quality done when putting a hole into your body.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I also second going to a tattoo/ piercing place. I got my wedding jewelry at Macy's. I have really sensitive ears too and they didn't bother me. Also I bought necklaces from especiallybrides.com, they have a really nice selection.
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh no! No, no no! I went to Blue Devil Tattoo yesterday to have my ears pierced and my left on is SO crooked! :0( I have a keloid (sp?) scar on the back of my left ear from previous piercings gone wrong, so the piercer guy was trying to avoid going through that scar....well I guess he was so worried about missing that area that he didn't pay enough attention to making sure the hole was straight! Now my left earring points down! My FI thinks I should just leave it, but he's not at girl...he doesn't understand. He does addmit that it looks noticably different from the other earring.

I went to Blue Devil because they said they could pierce with 18 gauge. I really wanted 18 at the biggest because regular earrings are 20 or 22 gauge. I wanted to make sure I didn't have a much bigger hole than the earrings and I also wanted to make sure I didn't have a big hole that would create and even bigger scar. (I have problems with keloid scars where it bumps up and turns red)

What should I do!? None of the piercing tattoo places are open today. Should I take the crooked one out and let it heal. I would have to look like a weirdo for a day or two with one earring in. lol Not sure where I should go to get it repierced though. I really don't want to go back to Blue Devil because he's already made it crooked once and I don't want to risk that again. I have enough scars on my ears as it is. :(

Help please! Any advice on this dilemma?
  • Options
    I can't help you with the crooked piercing (other than if you let it completely heal before re-piercing).

I have a lot of trouble with non-18k gold earrings making my ears itch. I read somewhere that dipping your earring posts in neosporin before putting them in your ear (after you've reached the point you can take the studs out, of course) really helps. I tried it and it made a huge difference. Hope it helps you too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards