Florida-West Coast
Options

Looking for an Officiant...any ideas?

We're looking for referrals for an officiant for our ceremony. Man or woman, doesn't matter, and it's not a religious ceremony but we wouldn't mind some reflection of christianity. We're getting married in Wesley Chapel just outside of Tampa at the Saddlebrook resort. Thanks for your help!

Re: Looking for an Officiant...any ideas?

• Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got one of our friends to do it and she was really touched we asked her.  It's cheap or not cost at all to get ordained online and we thought it would be more special for someone who really knows us to do it rather than someone we don't know.  My two cents.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we used Georgeann and Rich Butler for our May 1st wedding.
    http://sarasotadreamweddings.com/about_us.html

Georgeann worked with us on our ceremony - and personalized it.
     Rich, her husband, performed the ceremony.
     They are such a sweet couple and so easy to work with.
     They really know their stuff.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used my DJ Rob swords...he was great
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_looking-officiantany-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:5c5eb166-d457-45d6-9975-90f30c2710b6Post:7dcd6406-bf56-4327-a679-1be7d8a04ed7">Re: Looking for an Officiant...any ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got one of our friends to do it and she was really touched we asked her.  It's cheap or not cost at all to get ordained online and we thought it would be more special for someone who really knows us to do it rather than someone we don't know.  My two cents.
    Posted by cmeyer3946[/QUOTE]

Ditto- my brother is a notary and will be performing it.  I like that it will be someone we know in all of those pictures of our vows, ring exchange, first kiss etc.  GL!
  • Options
    NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katherine DeMarco...Made for Each Other. She's a total sweetheart.
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • Options
    navybride02navybride02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Redklein on Georgeann Butler, she designed our ceremony and performed it for us and she was wonderful! Very personable and easy to work with. 
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our friend Pastor Jon Wright did our ceremony.  He Pastors a church and also works at J Alexanders - that's how we know him.  He did an AMAZING job at our ceremony.  I had so many compliments by our guests.  I reviewed him on wedding wire and his church info is there, but I can pm you his personal # if you'd like.  He will also do some premarital counseling with you.  He's done over 35 ceremonies and is proud that all of his couples are still married.  He understands that we don't all go to church like we should, it's not like that.  As long as you're good people and you love eachother.  GL :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thankyou everyone you're the best!!
  • Options
    Sarah K. B.Sarah K. B. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone found an officiant for less than 300 in the sarasota area?
  • Options
    Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with Nancy at Barefoot weddings, I believe her fee is under $300.00, depends on what you want.
    http://barefootweddings.com/

• Options
    alueshen9806alueshen9806 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Rev Dean Ryder. Older gentleman with a great voice. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards