Florida-West Coast

What did you do with the dress after the wedding?

I'm considering getting my dress preserved. Has anyone else done this or did you just take it to the dry cleaners to get cleaned? Initially I thought I would resell my dress but now I'm attached to it after the wedding.

What did you/are you planning to do? Any recommendations on cleaners or preservation companies? I'm in Tampa.
Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image

Re: What did you do with the dress after the wedding?

• edited December 2011
    No recommendations. I fully intend on selling my dress. Logically I can't find a reason to keep it, so hopefully I don't become attached afterwards too!
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I really don't think I can keep mine, but I understand the sentiment you have with it now, I will probably be upset when I get rid of it!

Anyway, I always wondered why people preserved their dresses and just put them in a big box to gather dust. Then while I was at David's Bridal I overheard a lady saying on one of the Real Housewives shows one of the women had it framed and hung in one of her bathrooms. If you have a spare bathroom that is big enough for this I think it's an awesome idea! Of course you don't want it on your living room wall or even in your common bathroom, but somewhere you can enjoy it every one in a while without it being ridiculously in the way. I don't know if that would require preservation or not though. I'm assuming it would.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning on preserving mine. David's Bridal has dress preservation kits. There's also a dry cleaner on Dale Mabry and Northdale that was displaying wedding dress preservation....never used the cleaners but it may be worth it to look into! http://www.majiktouchcleaners.com/majiktouchcleaners/home.aspx
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've seen some awesome trashing the dress wedding pictures
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine made into Baptism outfits when we have children.  Then I can pass down the outfits.
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are going to 'trash the dress' in the Gulf, where we are getting married, and have the pics professionally done.  We didn't do e-photos, so this we can do instead! The FI is so excited to 'throw me in'...Cool
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    181 image
    Invited to the Celebration of the Year
    109 Yes image
    50 Missing Out! image
    22 Not Responded Yet image
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a co-worker who does photography on the side and asked her to to TTD the next morning on the beach. It will be a good time.
  • edited December 2011
    dogluver I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards