Florida-West Coast

Reply Card Question?

Hi Ladies - My wedding is August 13th...when should I have all replies sent by?

Anniversary

Re: Reply Card Question?

• teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That depends when you need your final count. I know for me I had some personalized things to take care of and with my schedule I did an early reply by date. I still had to call people a week before my count was had to be done.
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say have your reply date min 3 weeks before your wedding (unless you need the info sooner) My caterer needed set in stone numbers 2 weeks prior so I had a week to call/email people about their responses
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invitations go out six weeks ahead - for you, that would be July 2.
    RSVP date is three weeks ahead - for you, that would be July 23.
    See below:

Q.How far in advance should you send invitations? What is the proper date to ask for the reply card?
    A. Invitations should go out six weeks before the wedding -- that gives guests plenty of time to clear their schedules for the day and make travel arrangements if they are out-of-towners. It also lets you make the RSVP date a little earlier -- say three weeks before the wedding date -- so you can get a final head count and start making a seating chart (if you'll have one) before the final-week-before-the-wedding crunch begins.

• AmandaG225AmandaG225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies - If I sent the invites out 8 weeks before the wedding & set a RSVP date for 4 weeks before the wedding...would that work or is it too early?
    Anniversary
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is fine, but I probably broke every rule there is. I know we had to call people who didn't RSVP. I had one say I sent it and still it didn't come. Do what you have to do. I had time off that helped me get wedding things done based on how many people were coming.
  • edited December 2011
    that sounds fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards