Florida-West Coast
Options

Isla del Sol Yacht & CC

We went to a wedding there a couple of years ago and it was breathtaking, so I dragged FH to a meeting there this morning.

We met with Alan Skipper.  He answered all my emails within 15-30 minutes and I thought he was hilarious.  He was extremely receptive to all our ideas and was mindful of our budget.  FH and I need to sit down tonight to go over the numbers, but I'm 99% positive we've found our venue!

I asked Alan if he'd worked with our wedding coordinator, Julie at Chic N Fabulous, and he couldn't say enough about her - all positive.  It looks like this is coming together.  Now on to the invites...

Re: Isla del Sol Yacht & CC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How do you like working with Julie?  I just hired her for my Day of Coordination, but may also consider renting some of the items she has too. 

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my wedding at Isla and my coordinator is Julie too! When is your wedding?
  • Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Julie!  I swear she's on the computer 24/7!  Every time I email her with questions, she gets back to me right away.  I visited her studio and fell in love with the pink and gold table setting and the glass with silver beads charger plates.  We're going to have to tweek the color because FH isn't down with pink.  I feel like I've known her forever and am quite comfortable with her.  FH even gave her the big OK.

As far as the wedding.  We were planning on 11-11-11, but depending on when Isla del Sol is available, we most probably will have to change the date.  It's my understanding they only do 1 wedding per night.

Julie showed me a custom starfish (silver with rhinestones) invitation that I fell in love with.  It wasn't that expensive either.  As soon as I get a mockup, I'll post to see if you approve.  I'm getting excited!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's strange, I requested information two times to Isla del Sol and have yet to get a response back.  So they have been deleted from my list.
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The email address I use is askipper@idsycc.com and he gets back to me right away.

We are going to have to change our original date since Isla is booked for 11-11-11.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just sent you a PM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You've got PM back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking about having my wedding at Isla too this year. I just emailed Alan this week and he respnded to me within a day. My stepmom and dad got marreid at Isla , does anyone think its werid to get married at the same place and having guest familar with the venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards