Florida-West Coast
Options

S.O.S! Need a restaurant location for reception

I'm getting married on St Pete Beach (Upham Beach) on April 6, 2013. We have blocked rooms for our guests at the Post Card Inn, but it was way out of our budget to have a reception there. We decided we would treat our guests to an intimate, yet fun, dinner after the ceremony. However, not being from the area, I'm finding it difficult to find a restaurant or venue that is not over priced. Does anyone have suggestions or advice??? I'm really starting to panic. Thank you so much for your time...

J

Re: S.O.S! Need a restaurant location for reception

• Options
    The Post Card Inn has a restaurant- Beachwood BBQ- great food, fun atmosphere. We're having our rehersal there, we're getting married down the road at the Sirata.
  • Options
    Could you tell us how many people and the budget? Maggiano's has a great banquet room
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_sos-need-a-restaurant-location-for-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:778987eb-09ec-47ef-9e5e-d69b9d035ae5Post:102b08db-7d18-48c9-94a6-41e84c050527">Re: S.O.S! Need a restaurant location for reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you tell us how many people and the budget? Maggiano's has a great banquet room
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

Thats really far from the beach and REALLY Expensive.
  • Options
    heatherk2489heatherk2489 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Besides the budget and people amounts, what cuisine are you looking for. That's gonna make a big difference. 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_sos-need-a-restaurant-location-for-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:778987eb-09ec-47ef-9e5e-d69b9d035ae5Post:83df59b9-25a5-4f9f-9e36-dc54def32f78">Re: S.O.S! Need a restaurant location for reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S.O.S! Need a restaurant location for reception : Thats really far from the beach and <strong>REALLY Expensive.</strong>
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was which is why I asked for her budget and count
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree Maggianos is way too far from PCI and it is very pricey.  For the decent menu, it's like $40+ a person for banquet prices not including alcohol.

You could down do downtown St. Petersburg which isn't too far (about 20 mins from PCI) if you want an urban different vibe.

If you want to be ON the beach and close to PCI, there is the BBQ restaurant onsite which is casual but fun and good food.

However if you want more upscale, check out Snappers Sea Grill which is nice.
    Also - if there isn't a wedding going on, check out Spinners. Spinners is above the Grande Plaza and has a nice revolving restaurant.

Down the street on Treasure Island is Sloppy Joe's.  They are Key West feeling but they have a nice restaurant inside.

And another list with reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g34606-Saint_Pete_Beach_Florida.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Meadows Country Club

3101 Longmeadow
    Sarasota FL 34235

Tel: (941) 371-6000
    Fax: (941) 379-9869

info@meadowscc.org

• Options
    I would check out Frenchy's - not the one on the beach (Rockaway), but the one in downtown.  I think it would be a fun place to have a reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards