Florida-West Coast
Options

Tampa/St Pete Area Engagement Shoot Locations?

Does anyone have a recommendation for engagement shoot locations in the Tampa/St Pete Area? We've had a few ideas but nothing sparking an "aha" moment. Would love to find something that is outdoors and can take advantage of natural light and we are outdoorsy people.

Re: Tampa/St Pete Area Engagement Shoot Locations?

• Options
    outdoorsy...what about parks?
    Lake Park off of Dale Mabry near Van Dyke
    Lettuce Lake off of Fletcher close to I75
    Riverfront Park off of Fletcher closer to 56th St
    Florida Botanical Gardens in Largo has some woodsy areas
    Eagle Lake Park and Walsingham Park, both in Largo
  • Options
    University of Tampa is an awesome location with a great variety of areas to shoot...that is where we did ours.
  • Options
    jennh516jennh516 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I second UT! We did ours there and they turned out beautifully. Also, centro ybor yielded some gorgeous photos.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're definitely looking for a little variety. UT would be good with the minarets in the background too I bet. Is there any green area in Centro Ybor or just interesting architecture?
  • Options
    The pier in St. Pete is very pretty too.
  • Options
    We did ours in Downtown Dunedin. There were so many different places to take pictures, we probably could have stayed out there for hours! I was looking for something that would allow us to do some sunset water pics, but not the beach. So we did pictures down main street first and then down at the marina pier by Bon Appetite.

There are tons of neat colorful wall, murals, buildings, etc to use as a backdrop down there. We also took some inside of Casa Tina (an amazing Mexican restaurant there). They have really neat decor and were more than willing to let us use it.

Also... though pretty corny... we found this huge mural on the back of a building (around where the back of Casa Tina) that was a painting of cats and dogs on the beach and on boats. It was fun just to goof around in front of it, but that's also our personality.

UT is beautiful! That was my other choice, but went with Dunedin for the water/sunset and am very happy I did!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards