Florida-West Coast

Almost had a meltdown today....

Does anyone else's finace just not understand the stress in wedding planning?? We both went out today and went to look at suits. Of course we are 8 weeks from the wedding when I wanted to do this a month ago, and we want light tan suits which were considered 'summer suits' so there are like none left. Found one we love, but inventory is almost depleted. Now running around to try and get the guys sizes to see if we can get these suits. If not, then back to square 1.

THEN we went band shopping. We've looked at 3-4 jewelers already and my e-ring is an odd shape and hard to fit something that fit. We went to the store where fiance got my e-ring. Found 1 that I absoluetly LOVE, but it's like 4x what the budget was, no way we can swing it :o(   THen I found another one that I loved too (well, not as much as the first but it looked great next to my e-ring and was pretty and sparkly!!). It was just a few hundred over the budget, but whatever. I was ready to buy it (and of course it was the last one). Fiance said "Let's wait one week and check out a few more". grrrrrrr

THen on our way home we called our groomensmen to ask them if they could get measured for their suits. One of best men (there are 2) which we STILL aren't sure if he is coming said "$150?? That's too much"..... really? does he think a suit is $25? He still doesn't know if he can make the wedding due to fianaces he says. (But, he can spend money on going out and concerts lately and whatever else).

Wasn't a good day........ I feel like there is still SO MUCH to do and just 8 weeks left and planning from another state. We are basically waiting on his friend to let us know if he will make the wedding and be in the wedding party. So, I can't make my programs or do my seating until he figures it out. so annoyed  <<end vent /> />
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Almost had a meltdown today....

• ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely understand. Ii think it's proportional - the closer you get to the wedding, the more stressful things become. People are incompetent, it becomes painfully obvious that your wedding isn't as important to everyone else as it is to you, and your FI just doesn't understand why you just need to scream.

I'm right there with you.... hang in there. It'll all be over soon Kiss
  • sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely understand what you are going through! Sometimes I feel like I talk about it so much, but I have to because it is so much planning.  I don't think our FI understand at all, they never will.  We are taking care of everything from head to toe, left and right, on top of worrying about everyone else.  Try to take time for yourself and hang in there.  it's so close and you will have a great time!!  Good Luck! 
    Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jeni35Jeni35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand. FI is just starting to get the planning aspect, even for a smaller wedding. We've started cake tastings and had no success; but per my post earlier- there are other places to try! I thought the guys could do tux shopping 6 weeks out...is that too late? As for your one questionable groomsmen- everyone is having financial issues. If you can help him with the $150; then great. If he cannot give you a direct answer in one week; then drop him. It may sound mean; but it's not right to have people be this flaky so close to your special day!
  • mego36mego36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand where you're coming from.  FI wants nothing to do with any of the planning, but expects me to drop everything and listen when he does have an idea.  He knows very little about everything I've done (bc he choses not to) and wants me to make his ideas fit.  The other day I mentioned that we should go look at suits and he suddenly became very tired and needed a nap.  I wish I had time and peace of mind to be able to nap.  Now we're looking at suits when to go to FL next week to get our marriage license.  He can't escape me once I have him down there.  LOL
    Just remember that all of the stress and planning will be over in 8 weeks and you can go back to the happy couple that you once were w/out all of the additional stress.
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im sorry :-( i know the feeling I myself is turning into a slight bridezilla lol
  • edited December 2011

and now a BM may not come (saying she has no one to share a hotel room with) and fiances mom (she walked out on fiances family when he was 14 and basically has not been a part of his life since then. He called her to let her know that she will not be walking down the aisle as part of the processional. We did invite her to the post wedding rehersal lunch though. She is hurt and said she may not come now. Fiance said he is open to begin a new relationship with her moving forward but this is his wedding day and just wants his dad and sister to walk down together.)

I feel he has every right to do so, she has not been around for years.... never came to his HS or college graduation or called on birthdays, nothing.

So, tomorrow is Monday and I am hoping for a better week!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I am hoping for a better week for you two...as my mother always says, this too shall pass (and if it doesn't a nice bottle of wine helps the time pass quicker!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_almost-meltdown-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:884124d9-3bee-4756-87ce-e43f8a7f072bPost:98a21ba9-c603-4226-abc6-5cfa4e7a22df">Re: Almost had a meltdown today....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally understand where you're coming from.  FI wants nothing to do with any of the planning, but expects me to drop everything and listen when he does have an idea.  He knows very little about everything I've done (bc he choses not to) and wants me to make his ideas fit.  The other day I mentioned that we should go look at suits and he suddenly became very tired and needed a nap.  I wish I had time and peace of mind to be able to nap.  Now we're looking at suits when to go to FL next week to get our marriage license.  He can't escape me once I have him down there.  LOL Just remember that all of the stress and planning will be over in 8 weeks and you can go back to the happy couple that you once were w/out all of the additional stress.
    Posted by mego36[/QUOTE]

Uh, yup, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.  Geez what a drama for you!  And people wonder why we turn into bridezilla.  We're sick of listening to other people complain about our hard work.  It really sounds like your FI's best friend isn't really into this wedding.  Why don't you try to incorporate him in another way so he doesn't hold up your plans??  Like an usher or something.  I dunno, just seems like him being wishy washy isn't helping anyone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards