Florida-West Coast

Anna Maria Island Rehearsal Dinner Location??

I'm trying to find good places for my rehearsal dinner on or near Anna Maria Island and wondered if anyone had suggestions? My fiances' family doesn't want to spend a lot of money, but we do have about 50 people that need to attend. Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

Re: Anna Maria Island Rehearsal Dinner Location??

• ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it depends on how causal or formal you want it... Whenever we go to AI we always reference this: http://www.annamariaislandchamber.org/list.cfm?cat=2

We're going to have a very casual RD b/c our wedding will be somewhat 
    formal so we want to make sure that people are relaxed and prepared
    for the next day... Not exactly sure where we will have it, though we're
    thinking a casual seafood restaurant with a Raw bar...

HTH!
  • edited December 2011

I am getting married on Anna Maria, but we are having our rehersal dinner in Bradenton, on the river at Mattisons Riverside.  They have several rooms for rent, and I think they will work with you on the menu.  I don't think its cheap, but i think its reasonable. 

• colleenguricolleenguri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I live on Anna Maria-  I'd check out Hurricane Hanks or Martiniville.   Otherwise there's always the BeachHouse Resturant.
  • kafucc2kafucc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married on Anna Maria Island in Sept. We are having the wedding at the Beach House and the Rehearsal Dinner at Mattisons, it looks very nice and I'm so excited!!!! 
  • Liz4akerLiz4aker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of the ladies at the Tortuga Inn told me that a bride just held a "welcome party" rather than a rehearsal dinner since they had so many people. They just got a keg and had someone cater hotdogs/hamburgers on a grill. They held it at the Tortuga Inn since the majority of the guests were staying there.

I think we are leaning the same way and having a more relaxed welcome event so everyone is included.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards