Florida-West Coast

Won something at bridal show...is this legit?!? Anyone have experience with this?

Pink Apron Preview called me and said that my FI and I were selected to go to a cooking demonstration for 90 minutes...and we would discounts and specials off of the cookware.  Just for going we would get a 3day/2night stay at an all-inclusive resort in the DR, Mexico or Caribbean.

Well, I have gotten a call like this before from the weddingchannel.com but I wasn't sure if it was legit.  The girl on the phone said it was completely legit bc they use this as a way to advertise...but I am still sketched out.

My mom was the one who went to the bridal show in Tampa last week or two weeks ago (can't remember).

Anyway, anyone have experience?  Or has anyone actually taken advantage of this?

Thanks!
Lauren

Re: Won something at bridal show...is this legit?!? Anyone have experience with this?

• edited December 2011
    okay...just did some searching. it is more than likely a scam. DUH.

Stupid.  I just wish my mother wouldn't have signed me up for all these places! Annoying. They have called me like 6 times this week.
  • LuckyHeatherLuckyHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got those kinds of calls too, after I went to a bridal show.  I just brush them off and didn't call them back.
  • edited December 2011
    unless you tell them youre not interested they will continue to call you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the same calls afte I went to a bridal show. Scam.
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes scam, if you walk away with a prize it is real (I won a grand prize in May) but kept getting these calls. Even if you didn't sign up at their table when you bought the tickets you gave the company hosting all your info and they charge all the vendors to be there so they in turn give all your info out.

EDIT: You do get the info after pressure sales (the coupon voucher for trip) but a lot of black outs and other info and most likely you get there and are told to watch a timeshare too.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a bridal show, but won't you think it's going to be illegal for vendors to do this? I would question the person who organized the show and bring it to their attention. Unless I'm missing something this just doesn't sound right at all.
  • edited December 2011
    Disappointing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Lauren!  I'll let you know tonight when I go!  Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Lauren!  I'll let you know tonight when I go!  Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had a compnay call me too after I went to a bridal show in clearwater in January. I think it is a scam because the lady told me that we would recieve a three night stay too in mexico, gift cards and cookware.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got that call too. I am pretty sure its a scam but I let them schedule me for this Monday....they had me at free food. I will let you guys know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards