Florida-West Coast
Options

Today is the day!

That I'm sending out our invitations! Woooooooohhhoooooo!

First I left them to marinate on my dining room floor. I was too nervous to send them. For one, I want everyone to love them as much as I do and that's a tall order. And second, sending the save-the-dates was like dying a thousand deaths. We got sooooo much backlash over who did/didn't get one and how we HAD to invite so-and-so that I wanted to send another save-the-date for when everyone should kiss my...

Then, my wonderful parents decided they didn't want to host the welcome dinner at their home after all and picked an alternate location (and changed it to an afternoon picnic). They didn't seem to understand why I was upset because 3 (yes, THREE) of our inserts contained information on the damn dinner. So $150 and 4 hours later, FI and I had to restuff 153 envelopes so that our lovely guests had the right info.

So this is it. Today's the day. The show is over, take a bow. My invitations are going in the mail. Woohoo!

P.S. As a consolation prize for reading this rambling monologue, I'll post pics once people start receiving them.

Re: Today is the day!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ you!  You are a trip! :)

Congrats on this almighty check!  I'm sure it feels good!
    Now sit back and relax.
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_today-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:aa01a145-26bd-4a54-b713-17c3e3f115c5Post:8bc16343-64f7-4f46-9a7a-abfddf911aa3">Today is the day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That I'm sending out our invitations! Woooooooohhhoooooo! First I left them to marinate on my dining room floor. I was too nervous to send them. For one, I want everyone to love them as much as I do and that's a tall order. And second, sending the save-the-dates was like dying a thousand deaths. We got sooooo much backlash over who did/didn't get one and how we HAD to invite so-and-so that I wanted to send another save-the-date for when everyone should kiss my... Then, my wonderful parents decided they didn't want to host the welcome dinner at their home after all and picked an alternate location (and changed it to an afternoon picnic). They didn't seem to understand why I was upset because 3 (yes, THREE) of our inserts contained information on the damn dinner. So $150 and 4 hours later, FI and I had to restuff 153 envelopes so that our lovely guests had the right info. So this is it. Today's the day. The show is over, take a bow. My invitations are going in the mail. Woohoo! P.S. As a consolation prize for reading this rambling monologue, I'll post pics once people start receiving them.
    Posted by ufsweetiebear[/QUOTE]

I loooooove it lol,  Do a little dance ! I'm blowing the soccer horn for you!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    tammyhector77tammyhector77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LUCKY! I cannot wait to send mine out. Your guest will love the invitations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You definitly deserve a nice big adult beverage this evening for all those shenanigans!  I am sure everyone will love them though, can't wait to see those responses flying in on your ticker~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!!  That is awesome and you should be proud considering all the extra work you had to do!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so exciting!  I'm starting to address my envelopes next week.  I'm in the home stretch.  Can't wait to see your invites!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards