Florida-West Coast

Anna Maria Island Advice?

Finally decided to have our March 2011 wedding near Sarasota/Bradenton/Anna Maria Island.  Found a church and now are deciding between Sandbar and The BeachHouse for a reception site.  Both look great, and are reasonable but was wondering if anyone out there had pros/cons of both?   My parents (who live in Sarasota part time) are heading down there next week to check out both and help make the decision.  I have a hold on both at the moment and I can't decide (although its hard to make a decision based on pictures online/etc)  

Any advice? 

Re: Anna Maria Island Advice?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not a regular on this board, but I've been to both. Both are gorgeous.

From what i understand, the Sandbar books up more quickly than the Beachhouse. PM me if you want further details about them, but they are both very nice. It seems more brides go with the Sandbar because they also have a nice "holding area" for the bride if you were to have your ceremony there.

HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and Congratulations!  I am getting married at the BeachHouse this Oct.  We originally wanted the Sandbar but couldn't get a Saturday this year at all!!  So they suggested the BeachHouse and we loved it.  We were looking for a casual oceanfront ceremony and reception and they both worked for that.  I know that BeachHouse also has a facebook page and there alot of wedding galleries posted there to help you see it better.

Here is a little info:
    The Sandbar has one main building and the wedding pavilion is off to the right, which makes it a little more exclusive and I believe you can rent private bathrooms as well.  The BeachHouse has 2 pavilions (North smaller - South Larger).  They both share the restaurant bathrooms.  The BeachHouse Pavilions are also  attached to the restaurant (opposite ends) and you generally enter through the front (giftshop).  I think allot of the pictures on the Beachhouse site are from the South pavilion.  The Sandbar parking is a little more sparse than the BeachHouse but I believe they both have valet parking.  Neither decor inside is super fancy, so if you are looking for elegance - it's not it LOL- it's laidback beach relaxed atmosphere. That being said either pavilion at either restaurant can be as breathtaking as you want it.  The food was great at both and have similar but not the same menus.

I have a TON of info I can give you on the BeachHouse (including pictures we took in Dec.) if you want to PM me with a email.

HTH!

Melissa
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in March 2011 at the Sandbar. Agree with what the pp said. PM me if you have more questions about the Sandbar.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Bradenton and frequently go to Anna Maria Island.  Parking at the BeachHouse can be a bit of a hassle because it is in a more congested area.  Also, the restaurant is in a more public stretch of the coast.  I love taking evening walks on the beach, and sometimes my walks take me right past the BeachHouse.  I have even walked by while a couple weddings were taking place.  I live nearer to the south end of the Island, so that is why I sometimes walk near the BeachHouse.  The Sandbar is more on the north end of the island.  Both are nice restaurants, but my boss doesn't like the BeachHouse and would always recommend the SandBar, if that means anything.  I think the food is a little better at the SandBar too, but it's obvious that many people also like the BeachHouse, because the parking lot stays pretty full.
    "You're the L and the V, I'm the O and the E...Am I speaking clearly?"
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all the great advice!!!!  My parents are goind down next week to check out the places for me, but I wanted to have as much information to make a decision as possible!!
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our RD at the Beach House.  It was perfect for a laid back atmosphere & the food was delicious!
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards