Florida-West Coast
Options

Cool Hip Band for Reception

Any recommendations for a cool, hip not cheesy band for my wedding? Most guests are in their early 30s. Want someone who can really liven up the party and will NOT play cheese stuff like B52s type of music. The wedding is in St Pete. I want my wedding to rock!

Re: Cool Hip Band for Reception

• Options
    navybride02navybride02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had My Friend Scott Band at our wedding in Sarasota. They're actually not a wedding band, but more so a bar band that occasionally does weddings. They were incredible- wonderfully talented, very reasonably priced, Scott (the leader) is easy to work with, and all in all they achieved our goal of just having a really fun party for our guests without any cheesy wedding songs.
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might be interested in Tampa Bay's own Frank Sinatra:

DON JUCEAM AND THE DON JUCEAM ORCHESTRA

- he is NOT an impersonator - he's a guy who sings kind of in that style, and he bought the real Sinatra arrangements for his orchestra so they sound like Sinatra's real orchestra.
    They played for Kevin Cate’s huge blowout wedding at the Don Cesar (Kevin is the son of TV news anchorman Keith Cate on Channel 8), and they played for the totally huge wedding of the Hooters owner in a big tent set up on Clearwater Beach behind the Palm Pavilion restaurant.

You could check that group out at:

http://www.donjuceam.com

The website has a lot of video files of the Don Juceam Orchestra with Don singing, so you can get the idea of what they do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally like DON JUCEAM, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Check out this website and see if she has anything you like.  If not, you could probably contact her:

www.breezin.com/" target="_blank">www.breezin.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards