Florida-West Coast
Options

Affordable Wedding Dresses

Hello Ladies,

So I am going this Saturday to try and find a wedding dress. This will be my first time trying on wedding dresses. I have looked a lot online but it seems like every dress I like is out of my budget. I only want to spend $600. So my questions are: How much did you pay for your gown? Is $600 unrealistic? Where can I find a dress for under $600? I have an appointment at Davids Bridal this weekend but I don't LOVE any of the dresses I have looked at online. What designers make dresses under $600?? PLEASE HELP!!

TIA!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Planning Bio
Wedding Website
199image 155image 44image 0image
RSVP by September 22, 2010

Re: Affordable Wedding Dresses

• Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Moonlight has dresses in that price range. I would go look at them in person since the website makes the dresses look cheaper. I believe Jasmine also has beautiful dresses that should come close to your budget.
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to Davids Bridal and look, you will be amazed at how different dresses look on your body than they look on the models online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this would be too far for you but Cheri Bloom in NPR carries dresses in that price range and the ladies there are very sweet!  Even if you're in Tampa it's worth the drive!

http://www.cheribloom.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try arthur angelo's as well.  In addition, you might be able to find a dress you really like that is above $600 and see if anyone is selling it used or you can get a copy made from netbride.com =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp's.  You will not know what you really like until you start trying dresses on.  I thought I knew what I wanted but ended up with something totally different.  I loved one of the DB dresses that was $600 and never thought I would have tried it on.  One suggestion would be to go to http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/
    Browse some of the dresses you like and you can try the styles in different boutiques at the stores.  I spent twice as much on my dress and totally plan on selling it after the wedding to recoup the money.  HTH
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp's...I would have never chosen my dress from the online picture, it was much nicer in person and it was not a style I was even looking at.  I only paid $475 (that had a special off dresses) and most people who saw it couldn't believe I got it there.  They do have Galina and a few other designers that ranged from $500-$1000.  I was so not into going and trying on 50 different things but I realized there was no way around it to find the perfect dress.  Good Luck!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also you can try the trash to treasure section.  A lot of people have tons of never worn and worn once dresses.

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/5440370/ShowForum.aspx?PageIndex=2&sb=6&d=1&df=7&uf=0&hrp=0&lf=0
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Try DB, Alfred Angelos, Nicole Miller, and Casablanca. They all have dresses in that range. If you want to stretch the range, look for dresses on preownedweddingdresses.com or oncewed.com which both have lots of pre-owned dresses. Good luck!
  • Options
    HappyMrsKHappyMrsK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd try Alfred angelo too. Like the pp stated, you won't know until you actually try the dresses on. The dress I ended up with I did not even like the picture of it online and would not have tried it on,  but it was perfect for me. You'll know it when you put it on so don't be afriad of trying on different styles, etc. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this helps but I went to Demetrios during their 2010 trunk show and received a huge discount on an '09 dress...I believe many bridal stores may feature this.

Just another option to consider during "the one" hunt...

HTH
  • Options
    NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my wedding gown at Emelina's in Tampa and had a great experience. They include the cost of alterations in the dress which is a huge savings to me. My dress ended up costing $900, but I did try some on that were under $600.
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • Options
    erinbc87erinbc87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are located...but Sarasota Brides always has gorgeous "As-is" dresses for around that price range.
    They just used to be the sample ones!
    They are all designer dresses.
  • Options
    Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will second Sarasota Brides, they have some "discounted" dresses and new ones. Prices varies as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a dress in my bio that's for sale, unaltered and only worn by me twice if you are interested.

Also you can try david's like people suggested, Jon's Bridal off of Busch Blvd has dresses in that price range as well.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im also selling my pronovias gown-i just changed my mind so its still brand new!
  • Options
    Brandles17Brandles17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all!!! I will let you know how it goes on Saturday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Website
    199image 155image 44image 0image
    RSVP by September 22, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    recommeding you the link http://www.shopforlover.com, the store can custom-made any style dress for you as your requests, and the price is almost from $299-$499 .good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards