Florida-West Coast

Wedding Venue

So I'm sure this has been posted like 1000 times on here, but everytime I try to go back and find it I get distracted with all the other posts and never get to what I'm looking for.
Anyways, my fiance and I want to have a beach wedding with the reception inside, so we're looking for a hotel that we can do the ceremony outside, then go inside for the reception. Does anyone have any suggestions for venues that we should look into? Places they would recommend/not recommend/things that we should look for/ask/plan for before we book anywhere.
We are planning on probably 150-200 for the reception, but only close family and friends (so like 50-75 max) for the ceremony.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Venue

• mego36mego36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Lido Beach Resort.  Our ceremony will be on the beach with the cocktail hr and reception inside.  You can have an outdoor reception and cocktail hr but I wanted a inside.
    We are inviting 154 and have seen the ballroom set up for more.
    Let me know if you have any questions
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Klee426Klee426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BFF is getting married at the Grand Plaza Hotel on St Pete beach and I hate her for it because now I can't get married there!  Amazing beach views and they have palm trees that line the ceremony aisle, super cute!
  • wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don Caesar in St. Pete.  There are so many others but I can't think of them right now.  The Lido Beach Resort is really nice and we were thinking of getting married there if we got married here in Fl.  Also the Double Tree Marriott.  I think it is on Redington Beach.  Theres also the Sirota (or Siroto?) Beach Resort in St. Pete.  I think there is a Holiday Inn next to it that has a really nice room for a reception. 
  • sterkey143sterkey143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Don Cesar- it just got redecorated and is gorgeous! The ceremony can be on the beach or in the courtyard, and I'm having the cocktail hr and reception in one of their ballrooms. My sister got married at Sirata beach resort on St. Pete and the room had ridiculous views. Good luck!
    -Ashley
  • Gorecbrie2011Gorecbrie2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Hyatt Clearwater Beach and fell in love with it the minute we saw it. Jennifer, the coordinator, is fantastic and will go above and beyond to do whatever you want. If they're not available, another good spot is the Hilton Clearwater Beach. They do a lot of beach ceremonies as well and the coordinator there is also wonderful. Good luck!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Sirata.  We had a beach ceremony and inside reception and cocktail hour.  Everything turned out beautiful and they were easy to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    The Sheraton Sand Key is also gorgeous! 
  • rehbkm2wedrehbkm2wed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Sheraton Sand Key. We are having an outside ceremony and cocktail hour and an indoor reception in one of their ballrooms. The beach is set back and more private than some of the other hotels in St. Pete. Plus, there are no food minimums!  We love it and are very excited! Let me know if you have any other questions! 
  • kmcb15kmcb15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure exactly how far south or north you are looking but we are doing the Marco Island Marriott with the ceremony and cocktails on the beach and an inside reception. I have only heard and seen amazing things about here. The big benefit is the Marriott owns much of the beach on Marco Island so it is extremely private. They also have rooms to fit weddings of all sizes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards