Florida-West Coast

We Need Help Finding a Wedding Venue!

We're planning our wedding for Mid 2012, but we just can't seem to find a venue!  We're estimating that we will have approximately 75 guests.  We don't want the traditional beach or country club wedding because they're both really common in Florida.  Since we're paying for most of the wedding ourselves, we don't have very much to spend.  We've checked out quite a few places, and perhaps this will give you an idea of what we're looking for:

The Lange Farm - This was the first place that we looked at, and we thought it was very nice and peaceful.  We fell in love with the classy southern vibe of the place, but it was just too expensive.

Palm Harbor White Chapel & Hall - We thought that this place was great as well.  We loved that it was a cute traditional chapel.  Our favorite thing was the wood floors and the industrial ceiling in the hall.  We also liked that the place was a sort of blank slate that we could decorate however we wanted.  However, it cost about $1,600 just to rent the place, which made a wedding there too expensive once all the other costs were factored in.

Tampa Museum of Art - I'm an artist, so I absolutely loved the modern artsy feel of this venue.  However, it was entirely too expensive.

I am feeling very hopeless when it comes to finding a venue for this wedding.  Do you have any ideas of venues that woud work for us?

Re: We Need Help Finding a Wedding Venue!

• edited December 2011
    I'm an artist too :)

Here's my site (I also do and put together local shows in Tampa if you're ever interested, email me: www.katwilsonart.com)

ANYWays, lol We're doing a DW (decided I didn't want a cliche wedding nor a big one so wanted it smaller and far away lol) and having a AHR here a month later next June so we decided on the St Pete Beach Rec Center. Right by the beach and very very reasonable if you have people to help you with decor, etc.

I also liked the Davis Island Garden club (MOH/BF married there last year in an all day ceremony, very reasonable) and the Tampa Garden Club. the Tampa History Center downtown is good too.

Yes, the Tampa Museum is expensive, but the St Pete Museum downtown St Pete isn't that bad in comparison and still an art museum.

Hope this helps a little atleast!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Also the Dali museum seems reasonable, Mirror Lake Lyceum is awesome, and Starlite Yachts are pretty good too

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

i also feel in love with lange farm as it was the first place i looked at as well!! Davis Island Garden Club is really beautiful..i am getting married at the Palmetto Club at Fishhawk Ranch

• edited December 2011
    What about Cross Creek Ranch? I have heard good reviews about there.
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heritage Village in Largo is the new home for the historic Safety Harbor Church:
    http://www.pinellascounty.org/Heritage/church.htm

At the time I was looking into it, you could get married in the church or the bandstand next to it, and the fee was $160.50.

or

Andrews Memorial Chapel in Dunedin.  http://www.andrewsmemorialchapel.com/
    Cost is $481,59 for three hours on the day of the wedding and a one-hour rehearsal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards