Florida-West Coast

Affordable photographers in Clearwater/St. Pete

Hi, I have more than a year til my wedding, but I'm trying to make the most of my time by getting organized now, actually booking things later. I've put a lot of thought into things and then today I realized I forgot all about photographry! The venue doesn't provide photography, which I'm okay with because I could probably get a better price myself...but I don't know where to start! Anyone from Clearwater/St. Pete that may have experence with the local photographers? I'm trying not to spend $1000+ seeing that my venue's only running $700.

Need Help!
Baby Belly Ttc Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Affordable photographers in Clearwater/St. Pete

• NahlilleNahlille member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I have more than a year til my wedding, but I'm trying to make the most of my time by getting organized now, actually booking things later. I've put a lot of thought into things and then today I realized I forgot all about photographry! The venue doesn't provide photography, which I'm okay with because I could probably get a better price myself...but I don't know where to start! Anyone from Clearwater/St. Pete that may have experence with the local photographers? I'm trying not to spend $1000+ seeing that my venue's only running $700.

Need Help!
    Baby Belly Ttc Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What type of photography ar eyou looking for?  I am using Jason Angelini and am SO excited.  He is a little bit more than what you ahve budgeted but totally worth it.  I lot of brides on here also use Stephanie Smith.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mpgatormpgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using Pure Emotions, but I think that is out of your price range. I think Wes Weber is pretty affordable. The pics on his website look awesome too.

• edited December 2011
    Angelini is a little bit of your price range but he told me 10hrs for 1100 and everyone here loves his work. I can tell you Stephanie Smith is way more than a 1000. Wes weber is an amazing photographer and has reasonable prices. If he was available our date he would have been the person we had picked. I am using Mandy and Me Studios out of sarasota but they start at 2000. good luck on your search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Jessica Leigh Photography....she is in your price range.

http://jleighphoto.com/

• edited December 2011
    You need to figure out how long you need your photographer for and what you want in your package. You can negotiate with photographers, i know we did, and we  got what we wanted. I hate preset packages, so we had to negotiate. Some photographers will and some will not.
    We are using In True colors, she is in Sarasota, but i believe she does go up and down, and she is very open to customizing a package within your budget. You might not get full day or album, but may be you can get less hours so you can afford a good photographer. We did our engagement session before we hired her  for our wedding, just to make sure we liked her and her pictures
     www.intruecolors.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Wes Weber, he and his wife Liz are AMAZING! AND you get two photographers for the price of one! :) Check out their webpage....its www.wesweberphotography.com.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_affordable-photographers-clearwaterst-pete?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:d47c3811-1827-40f5-b6be-c0a9ff3d6141Post:2007b0bd-809d-4c3d-8547-7757989b063d">Re: Affordable photographers in Clearwater/St. Pete</a>:
    [QUOTE]What type of photography ar eyou looking for?  I am using <strong>Jason Angelini</strong> and am SO excited.  He is a little bit more than what you ahve budgeted but totally worth it.  I lot of brides on here also use Stephanie Smith.
    Posted by TTnoles[/QUOTE]I have teasers in my married bio from Jason. He was the first vendor that we booked and then ended up deciding to elope and flew him out with us.

It really depends on how important the quality of your photos are to you. You can find several photographers under 1K, but in my opinion....you get what you pay for. We received so many compliments on our photos, everyone said they looked like they came out of a magazine.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brooke Nichols.
    Her photos are personal to the couple -
    not the same old / same old photos those middle-aged men take.
    And unlike most photographers, her full price list is on her website:
    http://www.BrookeNicholsPhotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    I booked Cristiana Paula Photography
    www.cristianapaula.com
    (813)508-8465

and found her the most reasonable for the look I was wanting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards