Florida-West Coast
Options

Wedding Advice for Cape Coral/Ft Myers Area

My Fiance and I were recently going through our guest list and decided to throw the whole thing out and choose the destination wedding with our parents and brothers/sisters instead.  It had been our original desire and since we have almost a year still to plan, I'm pretty excited about the new wedding.

The only problem is, I'm from out of town and need some MAJOR advice from any locals.  My parents have a house in Cape Coral and we have access to a few other houses so we want to stay within that area since accommodations would be free, but we definitely want a beach wedding.  There will be only 15 of us (plus 10 kids) so I would like it to be very intimate.  I'm not really looking for anything over the top fancy, something more casual however me in a white dress is still a must!

Can anyone offer me any advice or tips on good beaches, reception areas (even if it's just a restaurant that has a group room), photographers, planners, what is the best beach time to get married, etc.... pretty much anything you can offer is much appreciated!    Thanks!

Re: Wedding Advice for Cape Coral/Ft Myers Area

• Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: JASON ANGLINI.... is a MUST. If you get married on an off day he is willing to work with you on the time.

Planner: Amber Kettinger (does it on the side) or Julie from Chic & Fabulous

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but I wouldn't trust my wedding to anyone but Julie with Chic & Fabulous.  I've been working with her for months now and she has the best vision of anyone I've ever worked with.  I tell her what I'd like and she comes up with the most incredible ideas.

It's coming up really soon and I'm finally getting excited!
  • Options
    questvcquestvc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be the 3rd post to recommend Chic Designs & Fabulous Events... Julie did a wonderful job for me. Here is her contact www.chicdesignsnfabulousevents.blogspot.com

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I just got married in Cape Coral in November! My venue was the Resort at Marina Village in the Cape which is beautiful and was fantastic! They also have a great on-site restaurant with a private room and outdoor dining right on the water. Drawback for you: it is on the water but there is no actual sand beach. A nice restaurant in the Cape for weddings/receptions which is also on the water is Rum runners.

The only actual sand beach in Cape Coral I can think of is the Cape Coral Yacht Club. The beach there is ok, but the reception facilities are not that great. You could get married on the beach and then head somewhere else for the reception. 

Honestly if you want your toes in the sand my personal opinion would be to head to Fort Myers Beach since the beach itself is nicer. Diamond Head, Pink Shell, Gulfshore Grill would all be places to check out. 

I got married one hour before sunset and the lighting was beautiful. Your photographer will be able to help you pick the time for best lighting. My photog was Heather Harris and I think she's amazing! 

Feel free to ask any other questions- if you'd like to see a few pics I'm happy to email you some peanutlmf@aol.com

Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards