Florida-West Coast

Bridemaid HELP!

Yesterday we went bridesmaid dress shopping. To make a long story short I have 4 bridesmaids 2 are my cousins. I thought I was being nice asking what their budget was to spend on their dress. They originally told me 175, then changed their story when I found a dress I liked for them for 189. Then changed their budget to 150.

Do you think I should pay the $40 difference or tell them they need to suck it up when they are the only ones with a problem. My other 2 girls were perfectly fine with it.

Also where we purchased the dresses alterations are included & the dresses can be cut off later for cocktail or t length.

Re: Bridemaid HELP!

• ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You went over their budget already by finding a dress for $189 so you should have offered to pay the difference then.

Keep looking and maybe you can find a dress that meets their budget of $150. I have been in about 5 weddings and only one BM dress was over $150. It is possible to find extremely nice ones for less money.
  • edited December 2011

I agree with PP. If they have a $150 budget either find something else in their price range or if you really want them to wear that dress, you need to cover the extra $40

Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I think if you really want to go above their budget you should pay the extra $$.Just think how you would feel if you were in their spot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards